close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pikeral in ohio

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by big_fish, Feb 3, 2005.

1. big_fish

big_fish the fish whisperer

are there any pikeral in ohio

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I do know that a few streams in central Ohio have Grass Pickeral, a buddy of mine has a 7"er in his fish tank. As far as Chain Pickeral..maybe some of the guys in the upper part of the state can help?

Scott

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Long lake, in the portages lakes chain, has chain pickerel, there are a few grass pike in mogadore too.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Mohican river has a great popuatlion of Grass Pickeral from what I've heard.

5. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Sure there are. Muskie, Northern Pike, Grass Pickerel, and Eastern Chain Pickerel are all in the Pickerel family and are in OHio. I don't think there are any Red fin Pickerel nor any Amur Pike in Ohio. There are Amur Pike in Glendale Lake in Pennsylvania. Amurs get big and look a lot like a true Muskie.

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Fishman......they are in the Clearfork as well. Have seen them in the shalllow pools while trout fishing.

7. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

Caught one about 3 yrs. ago in Big Darby creek , close to fairbanks high school in Union County. Also , the old Zoar lake ( the one that they screwed up when they tried to "repair" the earthen dam a few years ago ) was supposed to have eastern chain pickerel in it - I miss that lake!!! it was row boat only, had nice bluegills in it - used to take my son there when he was 2 or 3 yrs. old - he caught his first fish there 'Rude Dog