·
Banned
16,937 Posts
River fish or Lake fish?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow if had that in my backyard I wouldn't get much done. Lucky man! Nice fish.
It sure is alot of fun. Wasnt able to catch many this year compared to the past. Theres also a TON of carp and suckers that are pretty damn big, but I dont fish for them

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Betting either Breakneck Creek or a tributary. You're allowed to say what creek cause they’re all on Private Lands these days and permission is required to fish them! From your profile pic, looks like you got a super bass pond nearby as well! Lucky Guy, Indeed!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Betting either Breakneck Creek or a tributary. You're allowed to say what creek cause they’re all on Private Lands these days and permission is required to fish them! From your profile pic, looks like you got a super bass pond nearby as well! Lucky Guy, Indeed!
its called congress lake outlet on google and it goes right through my property. Its impossible to kayak due to brush and log jams every 50 feet and there is almost no bank access, only a few bridges that I havent seen anything at

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
So my guess was correct! The outflow from Congress Lake(Lots of northerns in CL!) goes thru Quail Hollow Park(now Stark Parks) and IS the “head waters” for Breakneck Creek which snakes it’s way northernly thru Portage county and dumps into the Cuyahoga just north of Kent! Breakneck Creek has been “stocking” the Cuyahoga with northern pike for Many Years(NOT Lake Rockwell!) All those original pike(ancestors to yours) came out of Congress Lake! Breakneck Creek is just that, a tiny creek near the headwaters and, while draining a great deal of Southern Portage county, becomes a sizeable flowage as it near I76, then Rt 59. The pike in Breakneck are legendary, albeit nearly untouchable due to majority of fishable water is private, posted or both.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my guess was correct! The outflow from Congress Lake(Lots of northerns in CL!) goes thru Quail Hollow Park(now Stark Parks) and IS the “head waters” for Breakneck Creek which snakes it’s way northernly thru Portage county and dumps into the Cuyahoga just north of Kent! Breakneck Creek has been “stocking” the Cuyahoga with northern pike for Many Years(NOT Lake Rockwell!) All those original pike(ancestors to yours) came out of Congress Lake! Breakneck Creek is just that, a tiny creek near the headwaters and, while draining a great deal of Southern Portage county, becomes a sizeable flowage as it near I76, then Rt 59. The pike in Breakneck are legendary, albeit nearly untouchable due to majority of fishable water is private, posted or both.
Ive caught some huge pike out of the creek and no one ever believes when i tell them, oh well though

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you ever fish breakneck?

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
No, could never get on it due to 95% being private-plus as you said, not navigable. Had a friend in Brimfield who knew a couple adjacent property owners. He fished it and caught bullfrogs there frequently(from their yards). However, I have fished Breakneck’s Mother, Congress Lake, three times. Once had the biggest northern on I’ve ever seen(“real” time) for a few minutes(it hit a crappie jig!, on an UL with 4# line)! Est. it was around 45”+.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, could never get on it due to 95% being private-plus as you said, not navigable. Had a friend in Brimfield who knew a couple adjacent property owners. He fished it and caught bullfrogs there frequently(from their yards). However, I have fished Breakneck’s Mother, Congress Lake, three times. Once had the biggest northern on I’ve ever seen(“real” time) for a few minutes(it hit a crappie jig on an UL with 4# line)! Est. it was around 45”+.
ive seen a few of those that size, ive landed one and have lost many

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i kayak up the cuyahoga into break neck and pike fish, best pike fishing in NEO
What do you use? I used some crank baits but the trebles are sometimes hard to get out of the pike so I usually use the Walmart $1 white spinner and it works like a charm

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts