Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you say the lost spawn period for pike (specifically the upper and middle Cuyahoga areas) is over by now? I'm trying to figure out if my recent dry spell is because we're in spawning season now or it's past the post spawn. I've read and heard a lot of conflicting info on the timing of the spawn so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did great on the river in February through early March, then the bite slowed. I caught some huge females that still had eggs at that time. Then nothing but small low 20s fish the week or two following. My guess is the spawn started then. I moved on to muskie fishing and haven't really fished the cuyahoga since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did great on the river in February through early March, then the bite slowed. I caught some huge females that still had eggs at that time. Then nothing but small low 20s fish the week or two following. My guess is the spawn started then. I moved on to muskie fishing and haven't really fished the cuyahoga since.
Il

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joe. That's what I thought. Caught several a couple of weeks ago with find tore up a bit. Thought it might be a sign of post spawn.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts