Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Justcrazy's Guide!
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my brother with me this evening to fish the Pike Island pool in the Steubenville area. Caught 2 drum and I got one surprise while throwing a 1/2 oz vibe on a 5'4" rod. Landed a nice 18lb flathead. Put up a good fight with a couple long runs. Photographer not very good but at least he got the fish. :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Bob,

Nice shovelhead. Did he come off of your "back porch"?

The boys and I were looking for ya!

We got on the water about 6:15 and fished until 9:00. Four smallmouth, 2 large spotted bass, 1 white bass. Got a pleasant surprise on the way back to the ramp...noticed water boiling and got into a hybrid blitz right at dark. Managed about 8 of them until they moved on and it was time to get the boat on the trailer.

We'll be on the water tomorrow, saturday, and sunday if all goes well.

·
CJ Cat Attack Pack
1,802 Posts
Bob,

Oh yeh, nice fish, they are hungry if there blasting a blade bait, way to go........Doc

·
Wurlds Wurst Spellor
585 Posts
Seeing as I wasn't in the boat you finally caught a fish. And as for the picture, Uncle Mike did a good thing by not including your mug in it. Just seems like it would have taken away from a quality photo!!!

MY GUIDE, I can't wait to throw you overboard.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice fish there Bubba !!! that puts you in the lead for the year so far... BUT all thats going to change on Saturday ;) I'll let you know how we do so you can give your son another guided trip :rolleyes:

·
Wurlds Wurst Spellor
585 Posts
Guide me all you want! I still put a whipping on all of you each time we go out. It is sad when a fat college boy outfishs the old men who guide him.

·
692 Posts
nice fish there bub a real blast i bet,
i fished there a little bit but was just killing time waiting 2 go 2 work :cool:
in the mornin i got a 20''drum on that new gander mt lite set up it handled it very well :D only got one other bite a 12''smallie.
mrtwister_jbo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts