close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pike Island reports?

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Flatty01, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Anyone been there yet. Things should be picking up altho we are in dire need of rain. Should be coming tomorrow.

2. Yes, I have been there several times this fall. I've seen other people there, too.

3. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

was there a couple saturdays back, did well considering the previous times. early a.m. is a hit for sure. snake69 was gonna hit it this past saturday. i planned to, but didn't..this rain should do it well...be good good fishing

4. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I went to New Cumberland on Sunday, caught a few, but not like my buddy did on Friday. On Fri, he caught near 50 saugers a dozen eyes and a lot of whiteys. He brought home 12 sauger and one 20" eye. On Sunday, it was the complete opposite. I will be at Cumberland tomorrow and Friday and one day on the weekend.

5. carpassassin

carpassassin Got ta luv it!!!!

I fished pike island pool out of Rayland last Saturday and three Saturdays prior and could not get anything going for saugers/walleyes. We ended up getting into a school of wipers and caught around a dozen and two drum. (SUPER COLD last Sat) fished about 3 hours. River temp 44-45 main river. Creeks/coves had skim ice 35-40 temps

Two Saturdays ago fished out of Wheeling Island water temp 54-55. Ended up with 4 keepers (2 walleye 2 sauger) 7 fish total caught total. Really had to work for them!

Last year at this time we were having 80-100 fish days (sauger/walleye) The only difference I can think of last year we had good current to position the fish and some stain to the water. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share them.

6. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

got a brother and his wife coming in from del. will go to the dam on saturday, maybe even to clendenning. but hear it is crowded at the bridges. where exactly is the parking area on the west virginia side of new cumberland (i know u gotta walk in)...or are you fishing from the stratton side snake.

7. on the wv side, rt 2 goes up a big hill adjacent to the dam. there are pull off areas at the bottom of either ends of the hill. then u have a 15-20 min walk up or down to the damn. about the same distance from iether spot.

8. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

thanx, read the location somewhere, and a guy i work with said some place about a lot, just be gone before the gates lock