close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pike Island Damn

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by fishhunter24, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Has anyone been fishing Pike Island Damn?? I am thinking about going tomorrow and would like to have a condition report.....Thanks

2. fished pike island yesterday and today water is clearing up and going down .caught walleye and sauger.evening and early moring best right now with water clearing.

3. thanks for the report i am going to head down there tonight then. and see what i can do.

4. basshateme13

basshateme13 WVU baby!

Hey fishhunter, let me know how you do. I have been thinkin about goin down there my self.

5. Does anyone know if that bait shop in Yorkville is closed for good or what?

6. big_fish

big_fish the fish whisperer

no mike is closed probably untill march but maybe a little sooner if it stays warm I'll have to find out a date forsure and let you guys know

7. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

even with the rain, looks like it will be fishable from the pier,,,will hit it in the morning...be good/good fish'n............

8. Recondo37

Recondo37 a member

fished it for just over an hour..7 others no one doing anything...might go there tomorrow instead of new cumberland. rumor is they are biting early morning

9. I fished it Friday morning for a couple of hours from 7-9am and never had a bump, was down there wednesday evening and caught a couple dinks, but I did see a few nice fish being caught.

10. Fished pike island tonight 3 till 6 caught half a dozen sauger.got to meet fellow ogf member hatchet man from bloomingdale.turns out he is the new fishing survey guy for the state of ohio.looks like they picked the right guy for the job congratulations

11. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Yea, Pete's a great guy!!

12. Just got off the phone with a friend who just returned from Pike. He fished from 10am-3pm with fish being caught between 1 and 3. He caught about 15 or so. Brought home a limit with one walleye. Most fish came on minnows.

13. Metzie

Metzie Artistic Expression

Hey guys. Can someone give me some info on where to fish at Pike Island?
    Thanks.

14. big_fish

big_fish the fish whisperer

well you only have 2 options the pier or not the pier ha ha you can fish the rocks there are wing dams but it is a little walk from the pier also you have the parking lot at the dam and you can park along the road to fish the rocks my guess is that most guys right now are having best luck off of the pier but a few will do good on the rocks ( have to know good spots so you dont hang up) but thats fishing god luck my friend:)

15. Most guys this time of year will be on the pier. If there is 15 guys fishing the dam, 13 will be on the pier. I haven't been out yet this year but have been surprised more fish arent being caught. This time last year, everyone was slammin them on the pier. Last year though the water seemed to be more stable in that 17-20' range, and it wasnt nearly as cold last year. Supposed to warm up end of this week-beginning of next. They should really turn on then.

Jake

16. Metzie

Thanks guys. I might give it or New Cumberland a try on Fri. Wanna wait to see what the weather does.

17. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Gonna be plenty nice for those of us who have to work! Will be down Saturday!!

18. might be there on Saturday but I'm also considering Willow Island. Should be good fishing this weekend about anywhere you go rain or shine!

19. Probably gonna try to get over to Pike early Friday morning. Try to beat the rush with it supposed to be 60+ that day. Might even give a few creeks a try in the afternoon. Gettin the bug bad.

Jake

20. Metzie

I checked New Cumberland Dam today. They are running 14 feet and it is 3 degrees. I am sure it is close at Pike Island.