close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pike Island 3/26

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by BuckeyeFishinNut, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Was able to get out and hit Pike Island today for a few hours. The water was up but it was clear. Absolutely nothing was doing down there. I had a few sauger hits that were just killin my bait and I didn't see anyone around me catch anything either. Feeling a lil fustrated I hit a hole on down river from the dam. I ended up hitting a few channel cats in about 2 hours. I missed way more than I caught. They were hitting really agressive but weren't staying with the bait after the first initial hit. I was getting hits up until dark but had to leave. Hopefully this is a sign that the fish are starting to come around. I am goin to try to get out on that spot tomorrow early and see what i can turn on. Hopefully the rain holds off for a lil while.

Jake

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thats coool maan..those baitfish u caught was pretty good sized ones too..
    i spend my day driving more than actually fishing today.. but it'll soon change..
    goood luck to you tomorrow maan, the rain shouldn't reach u until late in the day anyways.. :)

3. The sad thing was in the last spot I hit there were carp that rolled several times. I didn't have enough hands to get my chum and everything else down in there to put out for carp. Might give it a try tomorrow for some carp though.

Jake

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

you are killin me dood.. :D u saw some rolled and you didn't just go for it?? might wanna grow the third arm or something..heh heh
    met dave for the first time today, he caught a couple and lost some ..

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Good show Jake, ya should have chummed that spot for sunday........bet them carp are starting to mone...hmmm...i might have to go down there and hit that spot and Rayland this week?

AK, Dave showed up where? COSI......good deal, i'll give him a shout and see how things went. He should be an "offical" CAG member by now. I know he sent his money via pay-pal over the net a few weeks ago....so we only need to get Jake off his lazy butt and join too.

Scott