Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fish to enjoy time with my boy.
376 Posts
There is a river that runs between Pigeon Forge and Gaitlinburg that is FULL of small mouth bass. Supposed to be some trout in there too but we caught a LOT of small mouth. Nothing huge but non-stop. My son and I walked the river for three days with light action gear and could not have had more fun. The river water is pretty cold compared to around here this time of year but we didn't mind. Good luck and Have Fun. BTW we used yellow rooster tails.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I believe For My Son is referring to the Little Pigeon River, it does have good smallmouth and does hold some trout as well. There are a number of quality streams to fish in the area, but you may have to drive a little to get to them. There are streams located in the Great Smoky Mountain National Forest, some of these hold wild trout while others are stocked. There are tail-water rivers in the area, the Clinch which you will cross over just above the Clinton Tn exit, this is the tail-water of Norris and is an awesome river for trout, walleye and stripers. Cherokee dam which is the Holston River, is yet another great tail-water fishery. I would definitely take my fishing gear, plenty of opportunities to fish down there, I go there to fish about twice a month. Make sure to get a license and make sure to read the regulations relative to the stream/area you are fishing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Definatly take your fishing stuff with you. I was down there over the 4 th of July. Gatlinburg stocks trout in the river in town. You need to buy a special permit from the town to fish it but it sounds like they put some nice trout in there. The GSMNP is also right there with plenty of rivers and streams to fish. You will be kicking yourself if you don't take it with you!
Like flyman01 said read the regs, they're stream specific down there.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
We have vacationed there in the past and my bride would sleep in and my son and myself would go fishing for a few hours in the morning. That stream between PF and Gatlinburg had a lot of trout for me. And the streams in the park were loaded with fish. I would take a bag of frozen corn with us when we were just looking, throw a handful of corn and see how long it takes for trout to show up. Careful of the laws as others have said, a great place to vacation for all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts