Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get to go to the lake once a summer with my brother and dad and we stay at a buddies cabin. We fish about every day (C&R) for anything that will bite but mostly bass with the occasional saugeye and cat mixed in. I was just wondering if you guys had any tips for what to look for to find bigger bass, like are most in heavy cover or drop offs just anything could help. Most of the bass we caught last summer were 8-12 inches. Saugeye we caught were always back in the bay where our buddy keeps his boat, the only time we caught them was at night but we would only catch like 3, any tips on finding saugeye in general would be helpful. This probably sounds super needy but I just think it would be cool if I new a little bit more so I could be the one to help put us on fish and surprise my dad and brother, not always dad doing all the work.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
E.B.C.C. Founder
1,157 Posts
Look for any kind of downed timber. It doesn't have to be big but reaching out into deeper water. With the temps being so high try to fish in shaded areas. I am guessing that you may be in Essox which is a great topwater place in morning and evening for smallies. I am into crappies myself but do like a smallie fight once in a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts