close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piedmont

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Brutus, Jun 6, 2004.

1. would like to know if anyone out there is catching keeper s'eye? Fished today for 4 hours with only 1 keeper with many little ones. also caught smallies,large mouth and a crappie.
    Thanks in advance

2. I have been catching a lot of small ones, but not many keepers. I'm gonna try some night fishing out there for them soon. I'll let ya know how I do. :)

3. My wife and I went down the Thursday before Memorial Day. We trolled the mouth of Essex bay around the point toward the 4h camp. Then we would pull up and go down to the 4h camp. We were trolling hotntots. They seem to run about 15 feet deep on 8lb line. I run 1 mph. No more, no less. That evening between 6 and dark, we got 8 keepers. One was 20 and the rest were 16 to 18. The best saugeye fishing I've done for a while. She loved it and out fished me. I caught the big one and she caught most of the rest. They liked a char/silver hotntot. Char on top and silver on the bottom. I tryed a wally diver the same color but was getting only small ones. Hope this helps. I tried vib'es and jigs and never caught a fish. I forgot to tell you that it is best if the tots were hitting the bottom. I would watch my depth finder and follow the 15 foot contour.