Piedmont Tues the 16th

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JWAY, Dec 10, 2008.

1. JWAY

JWAY

I'm going to try my luck at Piedmont for a little winter action before I need a drill and ice skates. Some of you may recognize me from previous post as being new to the area. So once again I'm writting this with hopes of recieving a couple pointers as far as what to fish for this time of the yea. My guess is the elusive saugeye, elusive to me at least. The forcast calls for some rain but tempertures above 50 and southwest wind, with a forecast like that in December you couldn't convince me not to go. If i have no response this I,m going to try around the 4 h camp up to the dam casting cranks, jigs with minnows, and maybe some vibe off the road bed. If that fails me I will certainly try for some muskie. Any advice is much appreciated and I will post my results the following day.

2. JWay....... this is pappysgto@att.net .i have always hear that up by the marina is always a good place 2 fish for " muskies " now if you have a boat you may not be able too launch it there this time of the yr. due too the " lake " draw -down . "uauslly up by the 4- h camp is usually pretty good all yr. long 4 both walleye , saugeye & muskies . let me know if you do any good !!!!!!! just curious !!!!!!!!! pappysgto@attt. net

3. JWAY,
    As of right now, I have nothing going on, so I'd be happy to fish with you. The only problem is, I'm new to the area too, so I have no pointers for you. I'll be figuring it out, just like you.

What do you say?

matt

4. JWAY

JWAY

Hey sponge. I have already invited my maintence superintendent to take the day off and come along. But I do recall you saying you live in New Phili, my Father lives very close to Leesville lake so that would be a very short drive for you and we could meet their sometime in the future. By the way back in october the sherriff depuety that patrols the cemetery that I manage brought me a picture of a six pound smallmouth from Leesville. Now that is amazing to me because I have visted and fished Leesville for about the past three years without even seeing a smallmouth bass. Leesville is one of the states top muskie lakes. Maybe next trip though Sponge, many a times I end up in my boat solo, and it's nice to have someone along that enjoys fishing as much as I do.

5. No problem. Good luck out there!

6. JWAY

JWAY

Sorry no rerport to post, the forecast changed dramaticlly. Wasn't gonna try to go with a winter storm warning.:mad: :mad: