Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having luck out there? I thought I was starting to figure them out at Piedmont and then the past two weeks I've been shut down. Figured it get better and better and the opposite has happened. Really getting frustrated. Not looking for any particulars just curious if I'm the only one struggling out there?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Been that way for me for YEARS. Have yet to catch a limit of saugeye anywhere as I'll get one or 2 keepers per year.
I am just never where they ARE. So I chalk it up to "not my species". Started at 6 years old catching gills and might at well finish life up with gills...at least something to put in the grease. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, great work! That gives me some hope at least. Got skunked again this morning. Heading back out tonight. Eventually have to run into them, right? Ha!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow, great work! That gives me some hope at least. Got skunked again this morning. Heading back out tonight. Eventually have to run into them, right? Ha!
Troll Flickershads on old road beds or points.They have turned on more this last week and it will get better.Make sure your ticking bottom

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey TC at least you get a couple per year, I've never even caught a keeper saugeye. That would be awesome to get on a limit of nice fish like hatchet! Great job!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
A buddy of mine fishes out at Piedmont a good bit and he gets a good amount of saugeye trolling hot n tots and shad raps. He catches a good amount of shorts but almost always has a few keepers. They cover a lot of water when they troll. I have been out with them a few times and whats funny is when you catch a fish, they never go back for another pass or 2. Their strategy is to cover as much water as possible. They have spots they do well on but they are always moving. They catch a lot of other stuff too, bass, white bass, channel cats, and musky with this run and gun method.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really appreciate all the info. Just updated some of my trolling gear and will be down there giving it a shot the next few days. Excited to see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts