close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piedmont report

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by chopper, Aug 26, 2004.

1. fished Piedmont Wed. 8-25. Didn't get there until noon. I finally got into them. I fished a sinko and a chug bug. I started with the sinko in the weeds but I was watching them hit shad on top. ( in the middle of the day)I put on a chug bug and man what a day. I caught at least 15 to 20 bass. No scales but one was over 3 and maybe even 4. The rest was all nice bass. Half came on top and the others in the weeds. This kept up until about 7 or 8 o'clock and then nothing. There was no top water bite at dark. Both of my thumbs are tore up from lipping bass. This is the best one day catch that I have ever got. I have fished Piedmont for over 30 years. Sinko was watermellon and the chug bug was orange belly with red back.

2. Great day Chopper!!! I've been trying to decide where to fish this weekend and you may have made up my mind...

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Awesome! :) I wished I could get a bite even half that good. At Clendening last night, I noticed the bass hitting the shad on/near the top. I tried spinnerbait just under the surface and soem topwater, but I think I was just not matching the forage as good as I needed to. Hope I get a chance to hit Piedmont myself sometime soon!

4. That is just my luck. I was not on Piedmont but I got on the water at after 7:00. We picked up a couple early on then the bite stopped completely. I guess I just needed to get out earlier.:D

Good job on the action. I have have a few days over the years that stick in the memory for non-stop action. That is truly a blast. I just don't feel like it has happened to me in a long time.:(

5. Good job chopper.I had one day like that last year.
    8-27
    Fished Piedmont Friday morning 6:30 am to 1:00pm.I got wet around 7:30. :mad: Both my spinnerbait reels went haywire! :eek:That has been my hot combo this year.I said the he#% with it and just use my new 6'6" ultra lite from CABALAS with small crankbaits and 3"twister tails.Caught some Saugeyes{biggest was 16"},Rockbass,Smallmouth 10" and one dumb bluegill.