close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piedmont levels?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Jan 6, 2005.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

If anyone can give me any information on how high the lake is, please let me know. I will be headed there to at least fish one 8 hour day this weekend...water temps, high/low, and as always any rumors on the bite?

2. Go to this site... http://www.lrh-wc.usace.army.mil/wc/distns.htm
    The saugeye should be on at this time but you will have to find them. Work the whole roadbed with Vibee vertical, in particular the drop off on both sides.
    After that, work the west shoreline toward the dam as there is another old roadbed in there. Then work the east shoreline south from the roadbed. That should use up most of your eight hours. :)

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

hey guys,
    was there last sunday. you will not launch a trailered boat. if you have one you move around by hand you'll be ok. the bite sunday was silch, got one small eye. the shad were unbelievably thick in the rest area bay. that is your best option in the rest area launch. of course with all the rain you may be able to launch other places.
    tim

4. cheezemm2

All right.......I'll be headed that way and I believe in addition to the metal I'll have some chubs....we'll see what happens...if any of you are gonna be out that way Saturday, lemmie know!

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Cheezemm, are you going to be on the bank or by boat?? I might just meander out there to fish for a while from bank. Let me know! And what you drive and all that so I know who to look for!

6. At this level you shouldn't have any problems launching a boat at the marina.
    If weather forecasts hold and lake levels don't drop below 910' - I'll be on the lake this weekend.

7. cheezemm2

I'll be out there, I just don't know when for sure. I'm driving in from Columbus Friday(today) and hopefully I won't have too many problems getting through licking county on interstate 70...Saturday I'm thinking I'll be there from 6AM-2PM...light blue ford taurus...I'll send you a pm tonight and let ya know after I get to Belmont...