Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piedmont Lake Updates

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by WoodenShips, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Has anybody been fishing Piedmont lately?
    We have been catching some but not a lot.
  2. catking

catking Banned

No info on Piedmont,just wanted to welcome you to the site. Glad you found your way here !!! THE CATKING :)

3. I fish Piedmont alot. Mostly bass except spring and fall i like to go for eyes too. I have been doing good on bass at the shallow end. I like top water early and late in the day. Tubes are my favorite if buzz baits are not working. I do good also on u-tail june bug worms. Smallies are still doing good at the damn. I use a white gitzit tubes and let it fall. It works good when they are hanging under the shad and schooling them up for a hit. You have to have a topwater in your hand and drop it right in the middle of them crashing into the shad or they won't hit you. Spring and fall I like to troll hot n tots slow for eyes. Good luck.
  4. Thanks CATKING.Were some of you part of GOFISHOHIO?A co-worker told me about this site.I don't think he's a member but he reads it.So if he does read this I'll just call him a "PICKLERHOOKER" :) then he will know who I am. :p
  5. chopper:
    I fish Piedmont 90% of the time.Melon color tubes and spinnerbaits{1/8..1/2} are the only lures I'm catching fish on right now.I haven't hit the dam yet this year.I too fish the shallows with topwater but a big ZERO so far this year.YA CAN'T BEAT TOPWATER FISHING :D

Did anyone see Chet Snezek 50" lives right by me so I have a pic of it. As soon as figure out how to get it on here I will post it.
  6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I know Chet well. I used to be good friends with his daughter back in the 80's.
    Just saw the picture of his musky in the Muskies Inc magazine. WHAT A BEAST !!!
    I grew up in the Ferry area.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we knew each other :D
  7. I have to boxs of spinner baits. I lost confidence in them the last few years. I don't know why. I just don't throw them enongh. I talked to someone out on the lake last week that was using a spinner and he said he got three nice ones. I'm going to try harder with them. My tube colors are watermellon seed and pumpkin. What spinner blades and colors should I go back to?
    80% of my spinnersbaits have white/char.
    One 1/2 oz has a NO.5 1/2oz. has a double willow no.5+no.3
    1/8 oz has a no.3 or no.4......I think no.4 :confused:
    I caught a 23.5 Muskie on the 1/8 oz. over top weed beds.Sometimes I rip it across and sometimes I let it drop to the bottom and bring it up FAST. I'm going out early tomorrow.
  9. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Yes we were members of GFO. THis site was started after GFO went down. Tell your buddy to sign on as a member. No use to try and hide! Welcome though. Glad to have you join us.
  10. I am down there all the time. I have a 16 foot lowe with an older white Johnson 9.9. I have gray hair and always wear a fishing hat. Thanks for the advise on the spinner baits. Hope to see ya at Piedmont. We'll swap stories.