close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

piedmont ice?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by walleye kid, Jan 24, 2008.

1. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Good luck getting a reply about Piedmont....I doubt it's safe yet as it usually freezes last but it should be real close!

2. Contact Jim Corey at Cripple Creek Bait Shop for ice info in that area.

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

I hope to get down there this week-end but I haven't heard anything.
    Tim

4. You Mean Knowbody Has An Inkling Cmon Guys

5. We're fishing it in the morning! Be on the road bed,ask for rattle or wave. PM me if you like.

6. i drove by today saw people fishing road bed.:) :) :)

7. Did you see the big black dog Bear?

8. i saw the shanty and you didn't see the dog. did you do any good.

9. We haven't fished it yet. There's a guy that fishes it that has a dog named Bear that does well there.

10. caught 1 right as soon as we got there and then I didn't catch anymore until about 10:30 and it was a muskie.

11. Did see a Musky caught today,maybe that was you. We had two black shantys and were the ones with the power auger making swiss cheese of the ice! We ended up with 4 keepers but it was real slow today. Right before dark they were hot and heavy for about ten minutes. We missed the morning bite,after 9 hrs. of constant jigging was hoping for more.

12. "EYE" DOCTOR

"EYE" DOCTOR "EYE" DOCTOR

Drove by today and took some pics. The ice looked solid and saw a couple of people fishing. I may try it tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• map3.jpg
      map3.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
  13. "EYE" DOCTOR

Heres one of the upper end.

Attached Files:

• map1.jpg
      map1.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
  14. "EYE" DOCTOR

This must have been you then.

Attached Files:

15. That would be us! Fished it Sun. afternoon and the ice was about the same as Sat. Didn't really build like I thought it would,the snow cover didn't help.

16. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

Are you hitting the top of the roadbed, or the drop-offs to the side? We've fished it from a boat, but never on the ice. Does anyone down that way have live bait?

17. Mainly you fish on the roadbed but that changes. We got some a few yards off shore in 12 to 15 ft. of water. You won't need live bait if after the eyes,firetiger Vibes' from 1/4 to 1/2 are the proven top choices. Don't limit yourself to one color or sze. It's a quick bite and you have to be ready when it happens! Last year in March never had to go more than a hundred feet out. One fish per 1000 jigs if ou are lucky. If you need Vibes' by all means go to Cripple Creek,Jim will hook you up.

18. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

Thanks Rex, it's been awhile since we've fished that end of the lake. We like hitting the lower (shallow) end of the lake in early spring w/ jigs. Last year my wife got a 23 1/2" and the next week I got a 24 1/2" there. Jim has a great selection of Vibes', I used to fish against him in tourneys (he is the master!) and we had a good time fishing the Cabela's in Kansas.

19. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Hey I_ Wall_ I.
    How ya doin?
    I fished the SOWC with Jim,and we went to Cabelas championship in Kansas.
    You still fishing the SOWC?