close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piedmont Channels

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Jun 14, 2007.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Going out with the old man for Father's day at my old stompin grounds...Are the channels putting on the feed bag yet or are they too busy getting busy?

Thinking we'll put in at the marina and head for the dam area unless I hear good things coming out of Edgewater:B

2. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

The saugeye and rockbass were going absolutely nuts on submerged weedbeds in 14 ft of water. Watch the pole tip as you're going through the weeds and one irregular dip/tap and you had on a fish. Biggest was 14" and super skinny so those guys all went back to get bigger.

We stayed in that drift pattern for about 2 hours before moving over near the dam and setting up for the night bite channels. We came away with 3 good fish for about 3 1/2-4 hours of fishing. All fish were caught in 6-7ft of water and hit like a ton of bricks.

Think they may be spawning (big heads and angry!)....no eggs in any of them as they were prepared for father's day cookout!

Also, the amount of forage in Piedmont is unBELIEVABLE. I have never seen bait balls like this. While the boat was sitting still you could see the water rippling from the movement.

Heard 2 owls going crazy, saw a pack of racoons that hissed at the spotlight...

All fish on Nightcrawlers and only 1 hit on chicken liver...Not a bad day w/dad!%

3. we nailed ours very close to weed beds in 9 to 15 foot

4. FISHNASTY

FISHNASTY The Catfather

Same as Clendening, the shad is unreal, not alot of channels but they hit hard and are swelling up for spawn.