close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piedmont 11/3

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Corey, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

We did poorly yesterday. Ended up with 1 Crappie, 2 Lmouth Bass, and 12 S-Eyes, but only 5 keeper 'Eyes, up to 17 inches. All the keepers came in a spot, just off the outside edge of a weedbed, at the bottom of a drop from 5 to 10 feet of water, on 1/4 ounce Chrome Vib-"E"s. We hit this spot 3 times during the day with no results but they finally turned on just as we were leaving the last time. The bite was short but sweet, just when we could barely see our lines and lasting just to full dark. The bite started with 3 dinks on the bladebait and then I had 7 casts in a row with 5 keepers and 2 pulloffs.
    We caught 4 dinks on core all day. I did have one VERY heavy fish on core, halfway between the high bluffs and the roadbed but it pulled off halfway to the boat. I think it was the right species. It didn't give me any Catfish headshakes or act like a Muskie. It felt like one of those big Erie 'Eyes, just slow , strong headshakes. Oh well..................

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hell if that was a slow day for you, I like to see a good day. That would be great for me!

Thanks for the report!

3. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Lol, the best day I ever had for Saugeye was at Atwood, with Charlie Sedon. We caught 111 'Eyes that day, with 26 fish between 3 and 5 pounds, and 3 over 8 pounds. All were caught on jigging spoons in less than 5 feet of water. It was a blast! We also caught Largemouth Bass, Crappie, Bluegill, and Channel Catfish. It seemed like we always had a fish of some kind on the line. My best Piedmont day, also with Charlie, was 86 'Eyes, but nearly all of those were dinks that day. We only had 6 keepers, lol. Piedmont delivers good numbers on a regular basis. Over the 2 days of the Southern Ohio Walleye Club Championship in 2002, OGF member Lewis and I caught 93 Saugeyes and had some good solid fish, with the tourney "Big Fish" both days. Bob Stanford (Griz) and I caught 76 Saugeyes at Clendenning one rainy day, casting small crankbaits. I don't think I've ever gone above the 60's mark on Tappan. I talked to Lewis about getting you out on the water soon. Your time will come. It's just a matter of gettin' out there and doin' it.