close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Piedmont 11/10/08

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Gotta love vacation!

Got an invite from Hatchetman to hit one of the best fall fishing lakes around... What a great day! Mixed bag of fish... Muskie(15#), carp(20+lb),LM bass(small), crappie(9"), and a couple dozen saugeye. We were targeting saugeye with Hopkins spoons and Vibe-E's... we rolled probably another 15-20 fish... Awesome day on the water.

Thanks Pete. It was a blast, as usual. Can't wait for ice season!!!

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Sweet day on the pond!! The Fall bite has started.

3. Hatchetman

Hatchetman Senior Member

It was a good day on the water. The first chilly day of the year, it's not quite cold yet. Had to work for the fish but it was steady action all day. Any day fiishing is a good day but a double limit is an even better day. Have to congratulate Big Daddy on the 20+ pound round mouthed muskie he caught. We'll do it again Carl....Later....Pete

4. ;) Hatchetman got the quality... muskie, bigger saugeye... While I got the numbers of smaller fish. I got the carp, crappie, and biggest bass, which wasn't very big! LOL

It was a ball. I think casting metal for saugeye is one of my favorite ways to fish.

5. JWAY

JWAY

Congrtas, Sounds like a great day. Casting metal isn't something we did alot of in KY. Were you all on the lower end of the lake. If possiable could you pm me a couple of pointers, because I'm really not ready to hang the rods up.

6. Buzz

Buzz

I know that Piedmont is 9.9hp only, but can you leave a larger motor on your boat and use your trolling motor only? Thanks I may be moving to Dillonvale Ohio in the near future, and i'm interested in the lakes in the area.

7. JWAY

JWAY

Yes, you can leave your larger motor on and use your trolling motor. I see alot of other boats doing the same. You'll be my neighbor in Dillonvale. Let me know if I can help in some way since I just moved here as well.

8. Is there any where that I can get minnows early in the morning close to piedmont??????