close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pictures from today fishing.

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I thought I share these pictures but it from the Elk River in WV which about an 1 1/4 hour from my house. Got 2 rainbows in this cold cloudy day but at least it was good to get out of the house. My dog jumped into the pool then immediately afterwards got both bows on a small black stonefly on top of the water column. The nymph was on a stick in which I lost the my little stone fly on afterwards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

FlyfishDog..you just managed to make my day with your pic's...... dog is priceless (love those eyes) glad you caught fish...... warmer weather will be here,all to quickly.. P.S. I've got lots of relatives in the Elkins, Clarksburg, and Stonewood areas......thanks again. Jon Sr.

3. great to see someone into some fish! i have been reading about the elk lately and it seems like an awesome river, 18 species of darters plus brooks, browns, and bows. it's the perfect river... any idea how far it is from say athens?:D

4. The color of the fish and the look of the dog is priceless! I have a few labs and they are mans best friend. Good Fishing to ya and great pic!

5. Very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. Being a dog lover, I also enjoyed seeing your buddy out there with you!
    Mike

6. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Thanks everyone for the comments. My dog, a chocolate lab not three years old yet just absolutely loves being with me and want to catxch the fish when I release them but she wont hurt them. We are going back out today and fish more as the water conditions are perfect low and clear and weatherwise. Hasn't been this way since late Nov. Going to be sunny so We will make the best of it.
    Riverking you are correct they just dicovered another species of Darter in the Elk not to long ago. I highly recommend reading this book called the "Upper River" I have this book and it is great reading on the entire Elk River Drainage.
    You will be about 4 1/2 hours from the Elk where I was fishing. Any one is more than welcome to come down and fish it and I can put you where the great fishing is but I warn you they can be tough as heck during the summer or extreme low water which require you using nothing short of 6x but smaller flies down to 32's but I had great luck last years on larger flies. This river will tell you wether how well a fly fisherman as I got my butt kicked many times on it. But there not to many Rivers like it. Worth it to get down and fish it for sure.