close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pics of smashed boat/from the flats

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Jun 22, 2008.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

took these pics of the baot that was smashed at the dock by a freighter. it'a a crying shame!

Attached Files:

2. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Holy Crap!!! What happened to my boat? :D :D
    I took a few pics of that boat a couple of weeks ago. Parma and I have been wondering what happened to it. Thanks Van.

3. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I hope he has that insurance that buys you a new boat if it gets trashed!:eek: :D

4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I hope the freighter company has insurance. Since the boat was docked, I would say the freighter would be at fault. :S

5. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Beware of any deals that appear on Craigs list.

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

Fixer Upper No Doubt

7. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I know, I was kidding.:D

8. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

The canvas still looks good. It's a start!

9. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

The fiance and me were just debating that. Since there's signs at Shooters that say "Dock at your own risk.", is the freighter at fault?
    You are kinda docking in a shipping channel - sorta like anchoring in the middle of a shipping channel.
    I'm thinking it's still the freighter fault, she says they'll get off without blame.

????

10. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I thought so LOL

11. bucky

bucky

though you cant waive liability i think it would be an attempt to prevent the dock owners from being held liable or sued for damages.

i think that laws state that a person is responsible for all damages that their boat may cause, even wakes. though the wake part may only apply in no wake zones, i dont remember. that said, a guy in the pittsburgh area that owned a PT boat was prevented form operating it at high speeds on the rivers because of wake damage so.... but that was over 20 years ago.

12. creekcrawler

Yo Bucky, I like Mr. Teache's flag you got there.

Aarrrrrrrr!

13. bucky

bucky

cant see it well in my av but instead of a spear its a hook and instead of a heart its a walleye head.

in blackbeard aka edward teach's left hand is an hour glass which means your time is up lol.

Attached Files:

14. bet the poor guy that owns that boat just went to "pieces" when he saw it afterwards.

15. creekcrawler

Sweeeet! I like!

Attached Files:

16. bucky

bucky

thanks creekcrawler

17. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

That boat is a mess for sure. I've walked around it a few times, never new what the story was. I'm gonna stay clear of freighters from now on!!

18. pizza

pizza

rustic boat with lots of character for sale. Would make a great starter/fixer-upper boat for any of you handyman types.