close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pics of Delaware, Knox and alum

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish4Fun, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Went to Delaware today very impressive. We went out 229 it was flooded at horseshoe rd, then horseshoe rd was flooded not far from 229. Finally made our way to the access rd on the back side of the lake and got pic of the beach house roof. Then made our way to the marina were there were about 5 park and other cars at the entrance which was submerged in about 5ft of water. Talked to them and they said the water was about 6ft inside the marnia buliding up on the hill. Went to the spillway got some pics at 12:30 today the marker on the spillway read 938. heres some pics will hit alum tomorrow on way to work. there are also some pics of knox in here from today.

Roof of beach house at delaware from backside of lake
    [​IMG]
    Delaware spillway at 938level mark
    [​IMG]
    Horseshoe road
    [​IMG]
    St rt 229 heading toward the rifle range just after horseshoe rd
    [​IMG]
    knoxspillway
    [​IMG]
    below knoxspillway by the footbridge
    [​IMG]
    alum howard rd ramp on wed at noon
    [​IMG]

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Man......that's pretty high......especially for horseshoe road. That's a ways up from the water there. Maybe if they open the tainter gates, it will wash out some of teh silt at the bottom of the dam.

3. Knox looks high. did you drive around other parts and see how high they were?

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

ya anth the lake was up there i have alot more pics of alum and delware and knox just haven't had the time to download. have some pics of del and alum from saturday showing the level of water at the top of the steel gates and the extent of flooding at alum.

5. Wayne and I went riding around the other night to Alum and then to Delaware. I couldn't believe the height of the water in the "gorge" just past the duck marsh off Main St. That "gorge" is at least 65' down. The water was at the top of it and almost out on the road across from the marsh.

Then we went to the main entrance of the campground and couldn't do anything but turn off 23 and stop. There were boats sitting right there at the entrance that had drifted there from the storage area. The lake had almost come out onto 23N.

I was floored. :mad:

6. According to their guage data at Delaware, the level is about 32' above their winter pool and about 27' above their winter pool. The one that boggles my mind is Mohawk which is almost 80' obove normal flow.:eek: And Dillon is over 50' above normal.:eek:

7. HEY Great pics Jerry.

Do you think this high water will wash all the fish down to the
    Ohio river ?

Just a bit of humor to add to this mess in central Ohio..........

Capt-hook :eek:

8. :confused: I'm thinking that alot of fish aren't going to be in these lakes and reseviors this year. I don't know, maybe they'll go deep and miss the run off. I do know that there will be a whole lot of different points, shallows, and contours to map out on O'Shay and Griggs the way that they were running.

9. I think you may see a significant increase in saugeye in the river following the high levels because they tend to attract to currents. However, I do not think that most other species will be drawn to the strong turbulent spillway waters. Therefore, I don't think that it will change the populations much.

10. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Fish... Been a long time since I've seen the knox spillway like that! Good pics. Hey Tpet I'd head down below the dam for some good spring- fall carpin. There's a ton in there.