close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pics dont load

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by peon, Mar 31, 2008.

1. peon

peon account delete

im having alot of trouble getting pics to load when i goto web sites.. i run fire fox but have the same problem with internet explorer. i have verizon dsl and had the same problem with a diff. companys dial up .... not sure what to doo...

i have
    1) clean up internet files (cookies .. files .. and history)
    2) disk cleanup
    3) disk defrag.

without any change ... i was told to do #'s 1-3 on a diff. site

2. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

how much ram in your machine?

3. Do they not load at all, or are they slow to load?

4. peon

peon account delete

they don't load at all unless in reload a page 4-10 times... i thought it was slow internet because i had dial up but i got dsl and its fast.. and still have the same problem....

5. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Try this..

Click "tools", "options", then "content"..

Look for "load images automatically" and make sure it's checked.

6. I had a similar problem with my browser at home. Only a small percentage of objects were loading. Everything else got the dreaded 'x' in the box. Solved the problem by stripping off all browser add-ons and restarting. IE 7 makes the task of restoring browser to factory settings very easy.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I had the same problem last night trying to upload pics of this past weekend at Mosquito.
    The upload thing would spin forever, then say I uploaded successfully then no picture was there.
    Don't know whether it's related to their planned upgrade tomorrow or not????
    I never had any problems loading pics before.

Any comments mods???

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

mike,i don't know of any problems.i just uploaded a pic to my gallery with no problem.are you trying that,or attaching a file from your puter?

9. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I tried uploading a picture from my sd card to the gallery-didn't work. So I saved them to my harddrive then tried to upload them to the gallery.
    No dice.
    Will have to see whether the wife screwed with the computer settings.

Thanks.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hmm.well all i can add is:confused: :confused:

11. peon

peon account delete

its set to auto load pictures... and with Firefox you don't even get a red x for a picture that don't load... you don't even know there was a picture at all.. so you read people talking a bout a big fish or what not and don't even know it had a picture

12. peon

peon account delete

bump^^^^^^^

13. peon

peon account delete

there has got to be someone with an answer???? im about to go nuts and take a ball bat to my pc!!!!!!! this thing is awful cant search anything at all...

14. Someone had asked earlier how much memory you have on the system but I didn't see a response. Perhaps it is a memory issue. Can you tell us how much memory there is?

15. peon

peon account delete

79.8 gb free space... not sure how much ram is in this pc.. and im not sure how to check that out>?????

16. The easiest way to find the amount of RAM is this. I am assuming you are running XP.

Click on "Start"
    Right click on "My Computer"
    Select "Properties"
    This will show you your System Properties
    Toward the bottom you will see a processor speed and then a memory amount. For example: 2.79GHz, 512MB of RAM

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  17. peon

peon account delete

1.81ghz 384mb of ram

18. It depends on what else is running on your machine at the same time but generally speaking 384MB should be plenty enough to run XP and surf. Have you run any adware removal programs such as Adaware? You may have some adware that has dropped some junk programs on your system. Also take a look at your Add/Remove Programs area and if there is anything in there that does not belong remove it. Sometimes programs get installed somewhere along the way without the user being aware of it. If you find Yahoo or Google Toolbar in the programs list I would suggest removing them. They can really be a problem as well. Look at your startup to ensure that programs are not starting automatically that you do not use. The will consume some memory as well. Hopefully something in that list will help.

19. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

^ Great advice. AFTER you do that if the PC is still running slow you might try...

Start
    Run
    Type in- msconfig
    enter
    this will pull up a screen, I think third tab over on the top is start up.
    These are programs that you have put in your machine and all want to be ready to run for you. with a 1.8 and low ram you dont have a lot of room to play with. From here you can disable these / restart machine. This will free ya up some space.

If you want PM me the make/modle of your machine I may have some old ram laying around you can have, for speed ram = best bang for your buck.

Let us know

20. peon

peon account delete

i will do this tomorrow night.. kinda tipsy tonight... i will get back to you on the ram offer.. thanks !!!!!!