close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pics/ 2 Fish Ohios This Afternoon

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Pharley, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Fished a small pond this afternoon, and I know this isn't exciting, but I wanted to fish for gills today. Nice change of pace every once in a while. Got a can of wax worms, tried out some new flies I got, and tore em up. 2 over 9", and five more over 8". Caught somewhere around 50 or so. Fish were very very aggressive, and here are a few pics of some bigger ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wish I fished with someone, the angle that I hold the fish while trying to work the camera does the photo no justice.

Also did 1/2 hour of bass fishing, several hits, landed 2 and lost 1 at the bank, 15" and 14". Fish would not hit anything that was moving. Used watermelon tubes and 3" twisters, and drug them along the bottom with about a ten second pause between twitches. Bass would hit it when it was laying still.

Rob

2. Nice fish. I'm sure there are a couple of people here that wouldn't have minded getting in on that action. I for one wouldn't have minded being there. Congrats on the fish.

3. i would have liked to be there. i love bluegill. those were some nice fish!

4. Harry give me a call some afternoon. I can take you up to a pond in Jerome that produces some nice gills. Took steveo there in the spring!

5. Great catch, I bet they will sure tast good this winter.