Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - We got some good feedback from the "To Nibble or Not To Nibble" post, so I want to start a new crappie related questionnaire.

What is your plastic of choice? Your options are:

1. Tubes
2. Shad (Is this the right name?)
3. Twister tails
4. Swimbaits
5. Something else/Other (if you pick this one, what kind do you use?)

Crappie Plastics.PNG

·
Will Yak For Food
2,947 Posts
Tubes and shad style tend to work when vertical/drift/slow trolling for slabs. Twisters tend to attract other species as well.--Tim

thinking.jpg

·
Hellz yes I'm a fisherman,.I always tie one on!!!
48 Posts
Hey guys - We got some good feedback from the "To Nibble or Not To Nibble" post, so I want to start a new crappie related questionnaire.

What is your plastic of choice? Your options are:

1. Tubes
2. Shad (Is this the right name?)
3. Twister tails
4. Swimbaits
5. Something else/Other (if you pick this one, what kind do you use?)

View attachment 246731
I use them all! Depends on the fishing sitiation!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's where we stand so far (I gave everyone an arbitrary 10 points and for those who had multiple preferences I spread them out according to your post)

Tube: 26%
Shad: 21%
Twister: 43%
Swimbait: 9%
Other: 0%

Twister currently leading the pack!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Fellas, I got an order in this week from Bobby Garland. They have a new bait this year called a shooter. It's an inch and a half. I'm having good results using them on a sixteenth oz jighead. The panfish are slamming them. Get them in your usual favorite colors and give them a go.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Twister except when ice fishing then shad

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Tube #1 & then Shad #2 - It really just depends on the lake I am on and the time of the year. You can't really go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
I really like the shad style baits. And before tubes and twisters i think id fall under the "other" catagorie for 2nd place....
Winter an really early spring i like little baits like ratso's an other simaler baits.
Last spring i fell in love with venoms solid tube bait.
orange_chart.jpg

I always shyed away from hollow tubes because of how inconvenient they can be. These suckers are sweet an come in some good colors. And caught some really nice fish for me this last season.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I use triple tail twisters.

But want to experiment with the shad style this year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts