close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pic of a flathead after spawn

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by katfish, Jul 10, 2007.

1. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Male flathead often fan eggs under submerged timber. This often rubs skin off their backs.

[​IMG]

Here is a 48 one of my guests caught last week. After 2 hours of flathead fishing he was an expert :D

2. Wow that one is a real brute!!! Now that I see you catching them again post spawn I may try to plan a trip some evening and give it a shot. I can only dream to ever find one like that.:eek:

3. Brian, the only reason you haven't seen any posts lately is because he's been fishing for 3 weeks.:eek: Pre spawn, spawn, or post spawn, there's fish out there.

4. Heck of a fish..looks mighty painful to boot, Thank God I didnt have to work that hard to become a father:D ;)

5. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

Thats a beautiful fish. Good job.

6. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

You ain't seen nothin yet!:)
    During the Fall feeding frenzy I am putting you and Rob on speed dial :eek:

7. Hellova fish! Congrats to you once again!!

8. Guest? Can I be your guest?

9. I am sure they are there but for a novice like me I prefer to increase my odds as much as possible.:p

10. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Magis, when he retires we're going to have to turn the phones off at night or we will never hear the end of it:D ! Every time the phone rings now on a Friday or Saturday that I am stuck a home because I have to work, I just know I missed a good fish.

Robby, I told Sis when you were running lines that I can't wait til I'm old enough to get three weeks off in a row to fish. She told me I was crazy as you. Imagine that. She also said I have a long time til I get that old.

Is it time to get back out on the water yet? This work thing is getting old.

Rob

11. fish seem to be coming off pretty hard right now, caught alot more in the past few days and most of them have similar scars. maybe the summer cat season will fire up here shortly