Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be on my own boat this Weds-Sunday at South Bass and then Kelleys with the wife and son. Any advice on where to start trolling-up some walleye -- or jerking perch -- in the area? I heard right up on the line north of Rattlesnake has been hot for 'eyes, but that report is a week-plus old....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Was up Monday July 21 drifting north east of Kellys . Got 2 nice eyes lake was rough . Did see some boats further east looked like they were trolling . also talked to some guys at the ramp they were working airport reef east of Kelly's came in with 12 Good luck

·
Registered
304 Posts
I fished north of rattlesnake and just east of rattlesnake last sunday for perch, and although i did catch a few i caught more junk than anything. Last week that same area was on fire and we were catching 2 man limits in less than 2 hours. So we took off west and fished C can and had our limit in about 3 hours.

Also on Sunday had a good friend troll bottom bouncers northwest of Kellys and he was able to get his 2 man limit of eyes. Took 5 hours though.

Good Luck to ya.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
From Capt Keith Fish Report from the Pooh Bear
7-22-13
FAST BITE TODAY
FISHED EAST OF GULL SHOAL TODAY. USED 40'TRU TRIPS BACK 60' TO 70' WITH WORM HARNESSES AND BIG MICHIGAN STINGER SPOONS.

Hope this helps,
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts