close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Photoshop guys

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by KWILSON512, Mar 24, 2008.

1. I was just wondering if anyone is good on photoshop in here. I need help generating a graphic which will be used as a logo for my growing bbq/catering business. I know basically what I am looking for but unable to do it on my own.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

This might save you some headaches down the road...if your logo is to be used for printing purposes (letterheads, shirts, labels, signs/banners, etc.) you'll should have it designed using Illustrator or other software that handles vector graphics. You can then easily convert it to raster (which is what Photoshop is for) for use on the web (non-print). Doing it the other way around, is TOUGH. Making a raster image print ready is quite a chore.

This will save you time, money, and a ton of swearing :D

3. Sounds like you need to pay someone to do a little graphic design. Shakedown is 100% right though. You want vector based art, not raster, for company logos.

Full color brochures and business cards and logos can be cheaper than you think.

4. Thanks for the heads up ShakeDown, I will have to get Illustrator this week sometime just to see if I can handle it on my own but if I start giving myself headaches i'll be sure to get in touch with you COmmodore 64.

My problem is that i'm growing a little too fast for my comfort level with the bbq/catering thing which I guess is a good problem to have.

5. I'm pretty handy with Photoshop
    If you need help lemme know..