close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Phil saw his shadaw....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Well, it's official. He saw his shadow...only 6 more LONG WEEKS.... let me emphasize... LONG LONG WEEKS......
    I think they should consider reviewing that play before making the final call ;)

2. hahahaa... I may like ice fishing but give me 70 air and 60 water anyday [​IMG]

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I can hardly wait. It is driving me crazy!!!!

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Can you say Cabin Fever? The Columbus Outdoor Show can't come soon enough!

5. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I can't believe it but I actually saw a groundhog at work today eating grass in the lawn where some snow had melted. Thought that was kind neat on groundhog day.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Marsall - that wasn't a groundhog. That was a munk on steroids.

Shouldn't you be working and not scoping for target practice?

He-he!

7. catlover

catlover Banned

I thought that the deal was that if magic Johnson saw his shadow-you got 6 more weeks of basketball.
    Catz

8. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

That's actually good news ;)

I think someone got the routine confused years and years ago. The logic should be...."If Phil see's his shadow, it's a nice sunny day and winter is over", but it's not. The good news is that Phil is WRONG 80% of the time....Soooooo, therefore I hereby officially declare "Winter is OVER" :D :D ;)

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I say we get our very own phil to check for his shadow....how bout it philly carver????

10. way to go hydrasport!!!!!

now I got to put up with winter for 6 more weeks!!!!

11. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Well , I hate to let every one down :( but I saw my shadow and it was so ugly it scared me to my hole for 6 more years ! :D

12. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

are you sure it scared you????Might have been little children, women and the weak of heart!!!

13. 6 weeks of Winter? Hell, we haven't had 6 weeks of it yet, so what are all you sissy-marys complaining about??? Let's go fish!!!

Long Lake Saturday(only 6 hrs), Presque Isle Sunday(only 14 or so, depends on how they bite.)

14. Carpman_1977

Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

Has anyone ever been to Punxetawny (mangled spelling) for the Groundhog Day ceremonies? Let's put it this way, if you have sen the movie, you'll be HIGHLY disapointed. No town squares, no streets, they just horde you ina big field. And it was a icy field when I got there, so people were falling everywhere. It was a great time! :D