close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PH & CM spillways

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by winchester97, Feb 29, 2008.

1. winchester97

winchester97 winchester97

Anyone having any luck at either spillway as of yet? I was at PH spillway last Sunday for most of the day, with no luck. The water looked good with decent flow, and the color looked right, but I guess it's still too early?? I did see 2 guys that came down later in the day around 2PM snag a 24-26" saugeye, but that was it. I'm planning on giving both a shot tomorrow morning, and will let everyone know if I turn up anything. Good luck to everyone.

2. winchester97

Went to Pleasant hill spillway today for most of the day. No luck, managed to donate 3 rapalas and a few jigs to the underwater collection though. I only saw one saugeye caught while I was there, and it was a small one. I did however see a bald eagle fly over me just above the water, he was only about 20 feet up and I was able to get a great look at him....that was worth the trip right there. Guess I'll try again next week to see what happens. If anyone else is doing any good, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

3. I'll be trying CM tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. The flow looks a little high according to the gauge.

anybody seen it?

4. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Winchester97.....Not to stray off your subject......But I live in Portage County and have had several encounters with"Bald Eagles".....and each time it happens, it leaves me totally awe struck, as to the beauty......size......and grace, these great birds of prey possess. Thanks for sharing your sighting with us.......Jon Sr.

5. tried CM today...no luck. I think the weather was too nice for saugeyes. The flow was good though.

6. went on saturday to p hill and managed just one that waz about 4 pounds. let her go cause that was the only one i got

7. winchester97

Thanks for the updates guys, I'm going to try Pleasant Hill again this Saturday, and will happily let everyone know how I do. Hope to see that Eagle again, but wouldn't count on it.....absolutely beatiful to see them that close. Cheers to the ODNR for their efforts to re-establish populations in the wild again. Thanks guys.

8. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I'll be down that way on sunday, has anyone had any luck at CH this year???????????