close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pflueger Spinning Reels

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Bucktail, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Bucktail

Bucktail Banned

Is anyone using the new spinning reels made by Pfleuger, if so whats your opinion on them ?

2. JBJ

JBJ

We got a mess of the Pflueger spinning reels in on combos at GALYANS. I've checked them out and they are very nice for the price. I am also impressed with the new GALYANS combos we got in about the same time. (8 ball bearings) The Rapala reels that just came out this year are great for the price too.

Come on into the store on Sawmill Road to compare them side-by-side.

Blaise
    aka "JBJ"

3. Bucktail,

I got one for Christmas, but I have to admit I've been out about five times to use it. I've never had a really expensive reel so I don't have anything to compare it to. Wish I could help more :eek:

4. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

If you are talking about the Trion, I have been selling them for a couple of seasons now and they are very good for the money. I recommend them to my customers who want a smooth, well-made reel that is very affordable. The only problems have been with one specific size, the 4735. The drag adjustment knob somehow comes in contact with the spool top when line is pulled out against the drag by a fish or when snagged while trolling. The drag then tightens by itself, rapidly, resulting in breakoffs. I have tested a new 4735, right out of the box, and it does the same thing. According to my info, a quick and easy fix is to add a small, smooth flatwasher to the shaft between the two parts. None of the other sizes have this problem.