Pflueger President LH For Sale

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Coonhound, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Coonhound

Coonhound

0   0   0

I've got a Pflueger President left hand reel i'd like to sell to free up some cash. I bought this reel in April while on an emergency trip to Florida when i couldn't find any Revos locally. This reel has been used, literally, six times. It's spooled with 40 lb PowerPro.

Reel specs: PRESIDENTWLP
    o 10 ball bearing, wide spool design.
    o Line Caps...yds/lb: 160/12 130/14 90/17
    o Gear Ratio: 6.3:1
    o Weight: 9.4 oz
    o Smooth main gear applied star drag system
    o titanium line guide
    o Precision Cut Brass Gears with 6.3:1 gear ratio
    o Doul Soft Touch Knobs (heheh...he said knobs)
    o Soft Touch Thumb Bar Spool Release

This is a really nice reel. There's nothing wrong with it, and i've had (on the limited times i actually threw it) no problems with it. It's just been riding around in my rod locker since i got back from Florida six months ago. I really just want to free up some of the money i've got in it so i can replace it with a Revo i'll actually use. Guess i could take a left handed Revo SX in trade (haha) or $100 plus $6 shipping.

$106 shipped to your door, plus spooled with PowerPro. That's a heck of a deal! I paid $139.99 for it and it even still has the price tags on the reel and box still. Speaking of...box and warranty card included!

2. Coonhound

Coonhound

0   0   0

I also have a Diawa Viento and Kistler Helium 2 LTX i'd like to sell. I made a post on another forum complete with pictures of everything, so i'm just going to copy and paste that post.

Well, I’ve got three items I’d like to sell. They’re not being used and just taking up space in my rod locker!

First up is a Diawa Viento left hand casting reel.

I bought this reel for my wife. She loves her right handed Vientos, but she’s been having problems with her left wrist. I thought a left-handed reel would be the ticket for her. She doesn’t like it. Since she decided she doesn’t like it, it’s just sat on the rack in the garage. It’s been lightly used by me when I’ve needed “just one more rig” on the boat for a tournament. For the last three months or so it’s had a dropshop rig tied to it…and I think I’ve actually fished it once. I’d like to sell this reel so I can free up the cash to buy a Revo that I will actually use!

Diawa Viento Specs Taken from bassproshops.com

Looking for the perfect retrieve? The Viento's unique Twitchin'™ Bar lets you work your lure with absolute precision -- fast or slow, rhythmically or erratically -- or even take up slack line at the drop of a hat. It's deadly for quivering, shaking, twitching, jerking, gliding, or any other triggering technique -- just touch it with your thumb! And all the Team Daiwa goodies are here, too:
    o Long Cast X-Treme System
    o 1-piece aluminum frame, spool, and side-plate
    o Machined bronze drive gear and super-alloy pinion
    o Quality 8-bearing system (6 bearings/2 roller)
    o Magforce™ cast control
    o Infinite Anti-Reverse
    o 8-disc micro-click drag
    o Weight: 8.3oz
    o Line Cap: yds/lb 120/12 100/14

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought this reel for $199.95 at Bass Pro. Since it has been lightly used, I’d like $125 shipped or $120 locally. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this reel. It will come in its original box with all original paperwork. It is also spooled with 30 lb green PowerPro and a 17 lb Vicious fluorocarbon leader.

Next is a Pflueger President left hand casting reel.

I bought this reel on an emergency trip to Florida. I didn’t think to take rods and reels with me as I didn’t think I’d have time to fish. I purchased this reel since I couldn’t find a left-handed Revo locally. I used it while on that trip to Florida and when I got back to Ohio I put it back in it’s box and on a shelf in the garage. In June I got the Kistler rod shown below and I put the reel on that rod since I didn’t have another. I used it on that rod maybe six times. I’d like to sell this reel, like I said above, simply to free up the cash so I can buy a reel I’ll actually use. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, and it functions flawlessly.

Pflueger President (PRESIDENTWLP) Specs Taken from pfluegerfishing.com
    o 9 double-shielded stainless steel ball bearings
    o One-way clutch instant anti-reverse bearing
    o Titanium line guide
    o Patented six-pin adjustable centrifugal brake system
    o Rugged one-piece solid aluminum frame with aluminum handle side plate
    o Machined, ported and anodized aluminum spool
    o Smooth multi-disc main gear applied drag system with audible star adjustment
    o Sturdy cold forged aluminum handle with soft-touch knobs (heheh he said knobs!)
    o Soft-touch thumb bar spool release
    o Weight: 9.4oz
    o Line Cap: yds/lb 160/12 130/14 90/17

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I bought this reel in April for $139.99. I’d like $105.00 shipped, or $100 locally. Like I said, there’s nothing wrong with this reel. It does have one small scuff on the right side cover plate, but it does not effect the functionality of the reel. It will be shipped in its original box with all original paperwork, including the warranty card.

And lastly, I have a Kistler Helium 2 LTX casting rod I’d like to sell.

This was my second Kistler rod. This thing is the Cadillac of bass rods. This thing is unbelievable. The only complaint I have about it isn’t so much about the rod. I’m a short-statured guy, with short-statured guy arms. When I try to pitch with this rod, due to the 11” handle, it gets hung up on the inside of my upper arm. That drives me crazy! I ended up ordering the Magnesium Jig and Toad Special, and it was exactly what I needed. Since I got that rod, this one has been serving a back up role as a Carolina rig rod. It has hardly been used, however. I would like to sell it so I can free up the cash to buy another Magnesium so that I can stick to just one rod design. I think it is distracting to change rod designs completely when you lay one down and pick up another while fishing. I know, I know…call me OCD.

Kistler Helium 2 LTX Specs Taken from kistlerrods.com

There is not a lot that this rod will not handle. Ever heard of Senko? Tie one on this stick and be confident it does the job. Many other applications are great with this rod including Texas rig, Carolina rig, Jig, and BIG spinnerbaits. Put about three (or four) in your arsenal and all else you need will be minimal.

o First of its Kind Handle Design - Kistler exlusive "Sure Grip" wrapping over graphite, non-slip material.
    o FUJI Graphite exposed reel seat
    o Unique counter balance weight pre-fabricated into bottom of handle.
    o Stainless Steel Ring Lock Guides with Copper Zirnonia Rings
    o Exclusive Tip Top with Flanged ring insert. "No more popped out rings!"
    o One Piece
    o Action: Fast
    o Length: 7'
    o Power: Heavy
    o Lure weight: 1/4 - 1 oz.
    o Line weight: 12 - 20 lb.
    o Handle length: 11"
    o Line guides: 9 plus the tip
    o Model Number: He2HC70

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This rod is simply amazing…but just not something I’ll use. I paid $339.99 for it in June. I’d like $250.00 obo for it, shipped. I’ll take $225.00 obo for it locally. The only flaw on this rod is on the metal rod butt cap. It’s a shiny metal surface. At some point I must have leaned it on the boat on the concrete garage floor, and it caused very small scratches to the metal surface. Nothing to cry about, but worth mentioning.

It will be shipped in the PVC tube I received it in, as well as in the lint rod bag that came with it.

I have very high-quality originals of all of the pics above. Please PM me if you’d like higher-res pics!

Please post “dibs” here, and PM me as well.

Thanks!

3. Coonhound

Coonhound

0   0   0

Am i asking too much for this stuff?

I'm getting to where i'm willing to accept offers. I'd really like to free up some cash to put towards other gear! I've got another rod on the way...i need cash for a reel to put on it!

4. Coonhound

Coonhound

0   0   0

The Daiwa Viento is sold, pending payment.

C'mon guys! Make me an offer!

5. Coonhound

Coonhound

0   0   0

The Viento is sold. I have someone interested in the President. The Kistler is still available.

6. SPEAKSUP

SPEAKSUP

0   0   0

I know this is late but do you still have the prsident?

I am with you I have recently within the past year switched to Left Handed and I am Right . Was weird at first but has worked out great more rod control in my right hand.

7. Tokugawa

Tokugawa Tackle addict

0   0   0

PM sent today on the Kistler "DIBS!" :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  8. Coonhound

Coonhound

0   0   0

Belated update: The Kistler was sold a few months ago. Sorry i forgot to update this!

The President is still available. SPEAKSUP, if you're still interested, shoot me a PM. I will admit i used it maybe one more day since i made that original post. I had it set up as my Carolina rig reel, and to be totally honest, i hate fishin' the C-rig. So it mostly just sat in the rod locker, except for one day i got froggy and gave it a try.