close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

petros lake trout...

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 'Rude Dog, Nov 1, 2004.

1. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

went fishing at petros lake Sunday to catch some of the rainbows the state stocked there- when I arrived, there was one gentleman fishing where the state truck dumped them in on the 15th of october - conditions were windy, to say the least- I went around to the back side of the lake( out of the wind) caught 3 in about half an hour, till the winds shifted, and they quit hitting- all three were about 10 to 12 inches long, all were caught on yellow powerbait - the gentleman that was fishing on the other side of the lake was using canned corn, said he had 2 bites, but they broke 6 lb test( sounds like carp, or channel cat to me !!!) - all fish were released into lake crisco later in the afternoon- mmm good !!!!

BTW - does anybody know how many trout the state stocked in petros lake this year- nobody I've talked to seems to know. 'Rude Dog

2. went to petros for last two weeks and got 42 so far. they put 750 trout in i think. there catching at south end of lake and at the benchs down from handicapp parking. i ve got all mine on rainbow and green and yellow mix called sping greeen and yellow powerbaits,and yes those were probly carp breaking lines.seen some dandy channels come out of there.. gonna try again sat. good luck.ill be wearing my big browns coat.

3. still popping them at petros,15 today....total 56 trout two weeks now.