Petition to do away with the front license Plate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Erie Addict, Feb 7, 2008.

1. lg_mouth

lg_mouth It's Trigger Time!!!

Signed, sealed, and deivered.

Lg_mouth

2. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

I've been driving my Blazer for 4 years, and I've never had a front plate on it. All they would do is give you a warning anyway. ;)

3. Done. The only reason I put mine on is to show off my DU plates!!

4. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

I can buy the first argument of reduced cost. But then I read on- "a front license plate restricts the performance of passenger vehicles."

Really?? :rolleyes: You guys must be driving much higher performance passenger cars than I am!!;)

5. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I didn't know that they were required!! I haven't had one on my new Ranger since last April. I got pulled over for speeding and the officer never said anything either.

6. I never use one either, have not had a problem in 10 years.

7. Done!!! I dont think you need them!!!

8. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

I have had my car for 3 years.
    Never had a front license plate on it.

9. Not in Upper Arlington. I used to have a beautiful 2000 Mustang GT in black. F'n UA cop gave me a $75 ticket for not having a front license plate.

10. Cops usually don't bother stopping people for not having a front license plate. Only when you become suspicious for some other wrongdoing, but not suspicious enough to justify a stop, they'll stop ya for not having a front plate. Point: If you're driving a flashy car, tinted windows, loud music, late at night, etc. etc. with no front plate---You're get'n stopped, and often. Why? No "front plate" :D

11. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

It's been a few years aog, but I saw the cops ticketing every car without a front plate as they came in the enterance to Blossom Music Center for a concert. What a low-class thing to do.

Brian

12. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

If I sign, what am I gonna do with 2 holes in my bumper?... I know, rod rack!!!:p:p

13. It aint going to save any drivers one red cent to stop the front plate requirement.
    They still going to charge you the same amount or even raise the costs of renewing a plate.
    If they really want to save some real money they should work on elimaniating the E Check BS. Drivers no longer pay for the check but the state picks up the bill in full.

15. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

16. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I don't believe the intent is to save us money, it's to reduce the costs of making an additional plate for each auto and still charging us the same:D
    More $ in the coffer, as long as it goes to good use I'm fine with it.