close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Peter Pan Is safe to eat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fishers of Men, Jan 24, 2009.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i only eat jif:p :D

2. meeee too, because growing up, I had a choosy mom, and she chose jif.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.
    when i was young,i was choosy and so were my 5 siblings,so mom didn't have a vote:D;)

4. I always liked JIF better too... Creamier, smoother... It was sort of a luxury because my Dad would only buy whatever was cheapest... Still get a hankerin' for a JIF on white bread every now and again...

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i go through at least one bg jar a month,by myself.of course it's not just for pb&j sammys anymore;)
    i use it in milk shakes,cookies,pies,cakes,fudge,oatmeal,grits,chopped ham sammys,chicken noodle soup,sauces,hamburgers,etc,etc:D

6. I would hope that peter pan would be safe after all of the money they dumped in lawsuits from their salmanella problem. My wife was affected by that and I have never seen somebody so sick. She ended up in the hospital and was able to get back to normal thank goodness. Sent the jar of Peanut butter to the lawyer and had it tested and sure enough it had salmanella in it. I can only imagine how much they lost in lawsuits.

7. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

I grew up eating Peter Pan, never liked Jif!! :) WB

8. JIF is safe too.. Local paper had a big ad and 35 cent off coupon....Owned by Smucker's of Orrville Ohio too!!!!!

I'm a JIF man too!

9. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

She got it from peter pan? And they said there's was clean?

I like jif also.

10. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

I believe he's talking about the previous go around about a year or two ago. We had two jars of that, one in our house and one in our camper, that matched the production number of the bad batch. Both unopened, thank God.
    This time the only type that is bad is procuced by a company in Georgia for commercial sales only. IE snack crackers, ice cream, cookies, fudge, candy, etc. No grocery store shelf brand peanut butter's are affected the way I understand it.

11. PapawSmith is right, I was referring to the incident that Peter Pan had about two years ago.

12. im eating jiffy and what could happen NOW!!!!!!

13. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

I'm a peanut butter nut, and really like Reece's big cups, they are about proportional to the amounts of chocolate/peanut butter fix. Prob is, have to eat a 6 pack at a time. AAHHRGGGG.
    Come on spring, get me outta here ;)