PETA against Dog Show

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snakecharmer, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Updated: February 9, 2009, 8:06 PM EST 380 comments NEW YORK (AP) - "Is this really the KKK?" somebody asked the woman in the white robe and the pointy hat.

Crowds gawked at a table set up outside Madison Square Garden on Monday afternoon, where People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals was protesting the start of the Westminster Kennel Club show. PETA contends that the American Kennel Club promotes pure-breeding of dogs that is harmful to their health.

"Welcome AKC Members," read a banner hanging from the table — with AKC crossed out and KKK written above it. Two PETA protesters dressed as Ku Klux Klan members, while other volunteers handed out brochures that read: "The KKK and the AKC: BFF?"

"Obviously it's an uncomfortable comparison," PETA spokesman Michael McGraw said.

But the AKC is trying to create a "master race," he added. "It's a very apt comparison."

Our friends PETA are at it again. I'm surprised that they didn't accuse breeders of pimping their female dogs and turning them into whores. ( I hope this is something we can all agree on )

2. I think we should go to the PETA events and sell Turkey legs and Bambi Burgers.

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

wow the peta people a crazy. How can you compare something like that. Racism to having dogs that win shows??? pretty much speechless when ever i read something about peta.

Im all for caring for animals and the ethical treatment of them, but peta takes things to far.

I wish peta would hold an event in Columbus, that would be some fun. ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  4. I can't understand why you guys continually post PETA stories on here. All it does is get them exposure.

No such thing as bad publicity for them. They thrive on it.

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

exactly what i thought when i saw the thread:confused:

6. I Fish

I Fish I am what I eat.

Guys, I absolutley hate PETA, and everthing those pinheads stand for. The following link is to a petition to have their non-profit status revoked from the IRS(another organization that I, never mind). I recently came across this, and have been spreading it. I don't know if it will ever come about or not, but it's worth a try. If nothing else, it's a good article highlighting some of their more radical activities. So far, there are 160,175 signatures! Hope there is more soon!

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail.cfm/article/154

Would it be too political if I started a thread for this link?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

there's no need to post it anywhere else.this is a fishing forum,not a peta watch blog anyway.
    i'm with big daddy.i don't know why people insist on constantly posting about them when we all know what they are about,and it's just free advertising for them:rolleyes:

8. I Fish

I Fish I am what I eat.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. IMO, not discussing an organization bent on destroying the very activities most everyone on this forum loves would be better for Peta than the negative publicity that they get here. Not knowing about their tactics and operations, and being pro-active to defend against it, especially propoganda directed at children, would be far better for them. I don't beleive anybody reading these posts has ever decided to join Peta as a result. Again, just my opinion.

9. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

I definately agree with I Fish, ignoring PETA won't help, and it's groups like the people here on OGF that need to be at the forefront of trying to stop these people. "Know your enemy" is some of the greatest advice ever given, and PETA is truly an enemy of most of us.

10. I'm more than pretty sure everyone here knows all about that group and its tactics. All you're doing is giving them free advertising.

11. DONE

but........
    will it mean anything? they are WACKO's & goof balls, slime eating pincko NAZIS, they should all.... aw I can't say it. This post would be locked down, gotta keep it going.
    Nik

12. I LOVE IT!!!! PETA is really good at making themselves look like dummy's.

13. At the top of this forum it says
    " Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions> The lounge"
    Hey Team OGF guys - Give these guys a break. They are simply starting and discussing a general topic.

In any conflict you must know your adversary and never underestimate them.

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

how about we get a break?this subject has more lives than a cat.at least 3 threads have been started in the last 3 weeks,specifically about that group:rolleyes:
    just how many "general discussions" do we really need to have on it:confused:

15. PETA means people eating tasty animals

16. I Fish

I Fish I am what I eat.

Maybe make it a new topic, just for animal rights news. Just call it Threat to YOUR Rights, Anti's Agenda or something, don't name Peta specifically. Then, all of this type of thing will be out of the general discussions. I think it's good to stay on top of this fight, and not allow any wiggle room for them, and their croneys, and by not staying informed to their activities, well, that's wiggle room. Here is the link to the petition again.

Maybe we get enough signatures on this, Peta goes away, the Mods problem solved! Besides that, there is no law against members of their group joining this forum, and giving their biased veiws and opinions. Then what?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
  17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

why in the world would you think that link needs to be posted again?i'm sure nobody needs reminded that you already posted it.