Ohio Game Fishing banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
OK,,, now, I have another PET PEEEVE to RANT ABOUT!

Yesterday afternoon, I was just sitting around, wasting a day & taking it easy,,, (my lungs needed a break from welding.)
ALL WAS WELL.
Then the Wifee yells, " MY DRYER QUIT MAKING HEAT".

omg,,,,, here we go. My serenity just exploded!
Pull out the vac, & a basket full of tools,,,, take the back off, & the control cover plates. (more of the vac ;>)
Everything seemed to be working just fine, but the heating coil wasn't getting juice.
#1,,, I THINK;
'THERMALCOUPLE BISCUIT FUSE'?

Damn,,,, theres 4 of them back there,,,, & 2 ceramic inline breakers! Ohhh I love this new & 'IMPROVED' stuff.

#2,,, CALL FRIEND BILL. (A retired appliance repairman)
I told him what I was going to do, to troubleshoot,,, & he said to 'GO FOR IT'!

SO,,,, I carefully fired up the dryer, with the heating coil hanging free on it's wires, & started to 'JUMP' all of those fuses & breakers with a 12g hand held wire. (with the Wife staring over my shoulder,,,,, She's ON STANDBY,,,, just in case I need somebody to make a 911 CALL!

After the 3rd fuse & one of the breakers were 'tested', I touched the 4th fuse, & C R A C K!!!, a huge spark shot out!
Now The Wife started to run,,,,,,,, but I just sat there with a large smile on my face! (SHE already had A NEW appliance SALE PAPER OUT,,,,,,, BUT I WAS THINKING THAT I JUST SAVED $450!? ;>)

I jumped that fuse again & the heating coil lit up!
THAT'S IT! I WON!

OK,, OK,,, Here comes the RANT,,,, in a minute.
So,,,, I call my repairman friend back, & ask him what the repair cost might be.
HE SAID,, that if he would have to come out & troubleshoot, find & repair,,, & IF he had the part on hand, the bill would be about $125-$150 !!!

OMG,,,,, NOT ME! TIME FOR ME TO FIX IT!

SO,,,,, last night, during TV prime time,,,, I began to search EBAY,,,,,, I had the fuse in hand & all of it's numbers off of the back.
WALLLLAAHHHH! FANTASTIC! Up popped the exact fuse! It's sitting in the USA, 4 day FREE delivery, & $22.50!
Did I quickly place an order? Hell NO!

Now, I'm here to tell ya,,,, NEVER EVER BUY the first item that pops up! Take some time to SEARCH OUT 4 or 5 of those pop-up items, & ALWAYS scroll down to the bottom of each page,,,,, there will be the same exact item listed for 1/3rd the price!

Here, AT LAST, the RANT;
WHY the hell, does the repairman want $125, when 'I' found the EXACT PART,, THE WHOLE 5 breaker KIT FOR $12.50!? (& It's sitting in an Arizona warehouse, NOT in China,, just 4 days away)

WHY, does so many of those USA PARTS STORES sell the same exact part, (all of them were MADE IN CHINA), & WANT TO MAKE A 300% PROFIT!? ISN'T 30%- 40% ENOUGH?

WHY, IS THIS 'THE AMERICAN WAY'!?
(back to those American Engineers,,,,,, those massively intelligent engineers who CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE THE EXACT ITEM, IN THE USA. ?????)

I just shake my head thinking about all of those poor old retired citizens who are CONSTANTLY getting HOSED by a repair company,,, or PARTS WAREHOUSE.

The PARTS KIT, that I'm ordering,, HAS BEEN SOLD 3,000 TIMES!!! omg,,,,
this reminded me of a story I told certain customers when asked about labor charges The New York Times Newspaper is one of the top selling papers and one day the presses came to a stop the supervisor on duty was baffled and knew that he had to get them running ASAP so he called in a Mechanic and said you got to help me here The mechanic pulled out a large hammer and threw it across the room hitting one of the machines and all the lights came on and the presses began printing The supervisor was amazed he said how much do I owe you the mechanic said $100,000 thousand dollars The supervisor was outraged $100,000 all you did was throw a hammer and hit a machine I want a itemized bill the mechanic handed him a bill which read 1 hammer $5.00 KNOWING WHERE TO THROW HAMMER $99,995 LOL

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,863 Posts
How about "friends" that borrow things and you either have to ask for it back or repair it when they return it

Yep! Been there had that.
I now have a magnetic 'chalk board' on MY garage door. 'IN & OUT' columns.
And ALL of my neighbors know how to use it,,,,, or else, the door is locked to them.
So far,,,,, the system is working.

lol,,,, I had to go back & read some of this 2008 session;

·
Wannabe Worm Drowner
369 Posts
How about "friends" that borrow things and you either have to ask for it back or repair it when they return it
I had a neighbor borrow my lawn mower and after he was done he had the balls to let me know said mower would be stored in his garage if I needed to use it. It was stored in my shed as I had no garage. He thought he was DOING ME A FAVOR! I never let him near my things again after I retrieved my mower. That was several moves ago.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Doboy, is there a V&V Appliance Parts near you? Huge parts inventory

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I had a neighbor borrow my lawn mower and after he was done he had the balls to let me know said mower would be stored in his garage if I needed to use it. It was stored in my shed as I had no garage. He thought he was DOING ME A FAVOR! I never let him near my things again after I retrieved my mower. That was several moves ago.
I hate when they borrow something and keep it so long ownership changes hands good thing you got your mower back before he said it' his

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Maybe I missed this one. When you have an item for sale in the marketplace and people pm you with questions that are answered in a timely manner and they never respond back. At least have the courtesy to reply with a no thanks or something. So very rude.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Maybe I missed this one. When you have an item for sale in the marketplace and people pm you with questions that are answered in a timely manner and they never respond back. At least have the courtesy to reply with a no thanks or something. So very rude.
I had that happen to me some people are just rude

Reactions: bobk

·
Registered
305 Posts
How about looking up something online for a local retailer. They say they have plenty in stock. Go there, and not one in sight. Even store employees can’t find them!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Our dog is my pet peeve. Cute little Sami proudly struts into the house after dropping a steamy chalupa in the backyard, gets rewarded with a treat (usually two or three), then proceeds to rub off SOME of the Klingons on the carpet in front of the living room sofa, so I have to wipe her butt off. Why do I always have to wipe butts? When can I shave her azz? Rant over....

121 - 131 of 131 Posts