Ohio Game Fishing banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
LOL,,, you heard of weak tea, right?
so What's so wrong with weak coffee!?
Been-there-done-that,, specially down hunting camp. I'll Just add another spoonful of ground coffee to the old stuff, & pour some hot water on top.
The only time it really bothers me,,,, is the 3rd or 4th time. ;>)

lol,,,B,,, looks like your not completely "chill", yet!?
Lolol not completely. But I've gotten better :).
Lots better actually.

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,863 Posts
When you open a new bottle of milk, or some condiment, and the cardboard seal thingy under the cap that has a thin plastic lift tab that pulls away from the paper... . Then you have to get out a knife and cut out the middle of the cardboard seal because you can't get tthe edges to lift up! People that engineer that kind of [email protected] shoud be forced to use it every day for the rest of their natural life.

GOOD ONE!!! Times 10!

O M G,,, I HATE THE ENGINEERS THAT CONSTANTLY HAVE TO CHANGE ALL OF OUR PERFECTLY WORKING STUFF,,, & TURN IT INTO CRAP! (Just so they can keep their jobs!???? or make a massive profit at our expense????)

Lately,,, I've been FIX'N stuff around the house,,,,,,
REMEMBER THE 'GOOD-OL-DAYS', WHEN WE HAD THOSE SIMPLE BRASS FAUCETS? WHERE AFTER 10 YEARS, YOU TAKE OUT 1-(one) SCREW, & REPLACE 1 (ONE) RUBBER OR NYLON WASHER!????
Like,,, 5 MIN, & Your DONE!
WHY, DO WE NOW NEED TO REPLACE A MASSIVELY COMPLICATED 'CARTRIDGE', THAT COST 50 TIMES MORE TO MAKE & REPLACE? (IF you can search for days & find it,, OR TO SPEND A DAY CONTACTING THE ^%$#@! 'FACTORY',,,,,,,,
SO THEY CAN SEND US THE EXACT REPLACEMENT FOR THEIR 'LIFETIME GUARANTEED FAUCET', that only lasted 5 years!?
PLEASE,,,,,
I WANT THOSE GOOD 'OL DAYS BACK!

HEY ENGINEERS,,,,,,,,,,,,, remember 'KISS'!

·
4,863 Posts
So Far,,,, on this topic, (lol) & after reading everything above,,,,, THIS needs said 5 more times!

the only thing that really gets me going is those people, who go down an 'ON' ramp, & who enter the freeway lane 20mph TOO SLOW!
AND worse yet,,,,, when 'they' get to the end of the ramp, & STOP!!! OMG,,,
Case in point;
When WE, are behind THEM, in a truck or van pulling a trailer,,, with the NEED to kick it IN THE A$$,,,, & WE can only see the on-coming traffic while looking in our mirrors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
like,,,, Most of us don't have 3 eyes,,,,, & the ability to see in the mirror, AND see the STOPPED VEHICLE at the end of a ramp!

BUT, then again,,,, there's always a slew of bumper-to-bumper cars gliding by in the Right lane, & NOT MOVING OVER!!? WT' THEY are the people that MAKE the on-coming vehicles STOP, in the first place. RIGHT?

(here we go again)
'WHEN I'M PRESIDENT',,,, I WILL MAKE THE RIGHT FREEWAY LANE, 'ON & OFF' ONLY.
'THRU TRAFFIC' WILL USE THE LEFT LANE (s) ONLY,,,,,, & YOU WILL HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE POSTED SPEED LIMITS, IN THOSE LANES!!
Then EVERYONE could use their cruise control, & glide along safely,,,, (just set it to 5mph higher! ;>)
IF, YOUR ONE OF THOSE, THAT STILL CAN'T MAKE YOUR HAIR APPOINTMENT ON TIME,,,,, TS.

This 'SYSTEM' will/ may help take care of the 'ON-OFF' congestion & ramp indecisions,,,,
&, take care of those 'HURRY-UP', IMPATIENT, WEAVE BACK n FORTH THROUGH THE TRAFFIC LANES,, MORONS,,,,,

It's a WIN WIN system,,, & I LIKE IT!?
(they use this same 'system' out California,,, 9 lanes wide! Why not everywhere?)

( it would be,, just Like driving in the year 2525,,, IF man is still alive?)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
LOL,,,, 'on FORUMS',,, that's all?? That's what bugs you the most!?
How about everywhere, 24-7!?
You gotta come up to our camp, & or fish on one of our boats,,,,, just One day,, THAT WILL CURE YOU!

'our gang', is mostly made up of OLD retired, perverted construction workers,,,,
if you can't argue, AND BE ABLE TO TAKE IT,, you'll never last a minute!
(ain't that right, 'friends'! ;>)

'WE' are absolutely notorious for BUST'N Ba!!s.
God help the first person who screws up,,, early am.
CRACK'n & laugh'n,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, all day long.

Hec,,, your problem ain't nothing,,,,,, chill.
LMAO sounds like a crew I would get along with Famously

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
So Far,,,, on this topic, (lol) & after reading everything above,,,,, THIS needs said 5 more times!

the only thing that really gets me going is those people, who go down an 'ON' ramp, & who enter the freeway lane 20mph TOO SLOW!
AND worse yet,,,,, when 'they' get to the end of the ramp, & STOP!!! OMG,,,
Case in point;
When WE, are behind THEM, in a truck or van pulling a trailer,,, with the NEED to kick it IN THE A$$,,,, & WE can only see the on-coming traffic while looking in our mirrors,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
like,,,, Most of us don't have 3 eyes,,,,, & the ability to see in the mirror, AND see the STOPPED VEHICLE at the end of a ramp!

BUT, then again,,,, there's always a slew of bumper-to-bumper cars gliding by in the Right lane, & NOT MOVING OVER!!? WT' THEY are the people that MAKE the on-coming vehicles STOP, in the first place. RIGHT?

(here we go again)
'WHEN I'M PRESIDENT',,,, I WILL MAKE THE RIGHT FREEWAY LANE, 'ON & OFF' ONLY.
'THRU TRAFFIC' WILL USE THE LEFT LANE (s) ONLY,,,,,, & YOU WILL HAVE TO MAINTAIN THE POSTED SPEED LIMITS, IN THOSE LANES!!
Then EVERYONE could use their cruise control, & glide along safely,,,, (just set it to 5mph higher! ;>)
IF, YOUR ONE OF THOSE, THAT STILL CAN'T MAKE YOUR HAIR APPOINTMENT ON TIME,,,,, TS.

This 'SYSTEM' will/ may help take care of the 'ON-OFF' congestion & ramp indecisions,,,,
&, take care of those 'HURRY-UP', IMPATIENT, WEAVE BACK n FORTH THROUGH THE TRAFFIC LANES,, MORONS,,,,,

It's a WIN WIN system,,, & I LIKE IT!?
(they use this same 'system' out California,,, 9 lanes wide! Why not everywhere?)

( it would be,, just Like driving in the year 2525,,, IF man is still alive?)
you had me voting for you UNTIL California ehhhh

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,308 Posts
you had me voting for you UNTIL California ehhhh
Many things are screwed up in California, but not everything. Last time I was out there there seemed to be 2 systems. In one there were a series of signs on the on ramp. They would read, something like, "Do NOT stop on the on ramp. Speed up to match freeway traffic! Find a spot and GET IN IT!" In other places that were more crowded, they had cameras and computers monitoring traffic flow. There was a red light at the bottom of the ramp, and only so many cars were allowed on the ramp. When the computers spotted an opening in the traffic, the light would green, and you'd go like Hell!

I've driven a lot of places in this country, and no place has traffic like California!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Many things are screwed up in California, but not everything. Last time I was out there there seemed to be 2 systems. In one there were a series of signs on the on ramp. They would read, something like, "Do NOT stop on the on ramp. Speed up to match freeway traffic! Find a spot and GET IN IT!" In other places that were more crowded, they had cameras and computers monitoring traffic flow. There was a red light at the bottom of the ramp, and only so many cars were allowed on the ramp. When the computers spotted an opening in the traffic, the light would green, and you'd go like Hell!

I've driven a lot of places in this country, and no place has traffic like California!
seen in the news the other day that hospital's there have sent memo's to ambulance service if patient is critically ill heart attack that has a low chance of survival they will turn them away IMO This is wrong but to the Flakes in California it's ok for a father grandfather son daughter wife to die California can drop to the sea and float away

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,268 Posts
Guess I hit a nerve and some nostalgia about diluted coffee! My folks were raised depression era style. Nothing went to waste. I can't tell you how much coal I moved around as a kid to fire the furnace. I remember the first year my parents installed an oil furnace with a back up wood stove. Which brings me to my next pet peeve:

When busting skids/pallets, why can't they just come apart cleanly? I hate, hate, pounding spent nails out of boards, straightening and saving them! Kindling doesn't grow on trees ya know!?!?!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Ahhhhh, Like McDonald's coffee!? Your way tougher than me! ;>)
I did work at McDonald's in HS. Maybe thats why I like my coffee strong. That and my dad drinks his coffee black, so thats what was in the thermos when we went hunting and fishing.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
4,863 Posts
Hate random capital letters and bold text too

lmbo,,,, That's a good one. You must be a severe amputee,,,, only 2 fingers left to type?

& to think way back,, I WAS failing English,,,,,,, because I was too shy to PUBLIC SPEAK!
Imagine that,,,,,,,,

DAMN good teacher,,,, she 'fixed it'! SHE taught me to tell stories.
Lucky You XoXo,,, lol lol lllol! ;>)

·
4,863 Posts
Guess I hit a nerve and some nostalgia about diluted coffee! My folks were raised depression era style. Nothing went to waste. I can't tell you how much coal I moved around as a kid to fire the furnace. I remember the first year my parents installed an oil furnace with a back up wood stove. Which brings me to my next pet peeve:

When busting skids/pallets, why can't they just come apart cleanly? I hate, hate, pounding spent nails out of boards, straightening and saving them! Kindling doesn't grow on trees ya know!?!?!

OMG,,,, exactly what I do.
My 3 neighbors now 'burn',, & they always laughed at me when they seen me struggling, trying to get those damn screw nails out of the pallets, just to make kindling.
WHY??? they ask.
Ya, I can burn the kindling with the nails in it,,,, but after, it's a PITA to take all of those nails out of the ash!
After all,,,,, They trash 'CAN' their ashes?????
My ash has to go into the compost piles. 'OLD SCHOOL',,, GrandMa would slap me ;>)
'Waste Not, Want Not'.

cheezemm2,,,, Wish you lived closer,,,,, I know where there's 2 factories that throw out TONS of pallet type wood,,,,,,
Most of it, BEFORE IT'S NAILED! I went by last week, just to see,,, & I could have filled a semi trailer.
I wasn't towing my box trailer. :<(

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,268 Posts
OMG,,,, exactly what I do.
My 3 neighbors now 'burn',, & they always laughed at me when they seen me struggling, trying to get those damn screw nails out of the pallets, just to make kindling.
WHY??? they ask.
Ya, I can burn the kindling with the nails in it,,,, but after, it's a PITA to take all of those nails out of the ash!
After all,,,,, They trash 'CAN' their ashes?????
My ash has to go into the compost piles. 'OLD SCHOOL',,, GrandMa would slap me ;>)
'Waste Not, Want Not'.

cheezemm2,,,, Wish you lived closer,,,,, I know where there's 2 factories that throw out TONS of pallet type wood,,,,,,
Most of it, BEFORE IT'S NAILED! I went by last week, just to see,,, & I could have filled a semi trailer.
I wasn't towing my box trailer. :<(
Hysterical! In the winter time, I would be told to take the ash pan up to the garden and dump it out. The garden was not next to the house at the time. It was a walk through the field. I'd run out there in shorts and a T, and whip the ashes into the garden. It only takes one time for you to realize the difference between upwind/downwind. Eating and being covered in ash sucks!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Hysterical! In the winter time, I would be told to take the ash pan up to the garden and dump it out. The garden was not next to the house at the time. It was a walk through the field. I'd run out there in shorts and a T, and whip the ashes into the garden. It only takes one time for you to realize the difference between upwind/downwind. Eating and being covered in ash sucks!
No, no, no....when my wife and I first built our house, we used a plastic bucket to empty the woodburner....hey it worked fine when the ashes were cold! When the blizzard of 2010 hit, we had no power for 5 days other than the generator, and ran the woodburner straight for those 5 days. Well with almost 2 foot of snow up against the garage door, i wasnt walking the ashes to the garden. Let me tell you, hot ashes burn plastic buckets really quick! Garage smelles horrible! We quickly bought a metal bucket thereafter.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
lmbo,,,, That's a good one. You must be a severe amputee,,,, only 2 fingers left to type?

& to think way back,, I WAS failing English,,,,,,, because I was too shy to PUBLIC SPEAK!
Imagine that,,,,,,,,

DAMN good teacher,,,, she 'fixed it'! SHE taught me to tell stories.
Lucky You XoXo,,, lol lol lllol! ;>)
Do people really type with more than 2 fingers?

·
4,863 Posts
OK,,, now, I have another PET PEEEVE to RANT ABOUT!

Yesterday afternoon, I was just sitting around, wasting a day & taking it easy,,, (my lungs needed a break from welding.)
ALL WAS WELL.
Then the Wifee yells, " MY DRYER QUIT MAKING HEAT".

omg,,,,, here we go. My serenity just exploded!
Pull out the vac, & a basket full of tools,,,, take the back off, & the control cover plates. (more of the vac ;>)
Everything seemed to be working just fine, but the heating coil wasn't getting juice.
#1,,, I THINK;
'THERMALCOUPLE BISCUIT FUSE'?

Damn,,,, theres 4 of them back there,,,, & 2 ceramic inline breakers! Ohhh I love this new & 'IMPROVED' stuff.

#2,,, CALL FRIEND BILL. (A retired appliance repairman)
I told him what I was going to do, to troubleshoot,,, & he said to 'GO FOR IT'!

SO,,,, I carefully fired up the dryer, with the heating coil hanging free on it's wires, & started to 'JUMP' all of those fuses & breakers with a 12g hand held wire. (with the Wife staring over my shoulder,,,,, She's ON STANDBY,,,, just in case I need somebody to make a 911 CALL!

After the 3rd fuse & one of the breakers were 'tested', I touched the 4th fuse, & C R A C K!!!, a huge spark shot out!
Now The Wife started to run,,,,,,,, but I just sat there with a large smile on my face! (SHE already had A NEW appliance SALE PAPER OUT,,,,,,, BUT I WAS THINKING THAT I JUST SAVED $450!? ;>)

I jumped that fuse again & the heating coil lit up!
THAT'S IT! I WON!

OK,, OK,,, Here comes the RANT,,,, in a minute.
So,,,, I call my repairman friend back, & ask him what the repair cost might be.
HE SAID,, that if he would have to come out & troubleshoot, find & repair,,, & IF he had the part on hand, the bill would be about $125-$150 !!!

OMG,,,,, NOT ME! TIME FOR ME TO FIX IT!

SO,,,,, last night, during TV prime time,,,, I began to search EBAY,,,,,, I had the fuse in hand & all of it's numbers off of the back.
WALLLLAAHHHH! FANTASTIC! Up popped the exact fuse! It's sitting in the USA, 4 day FREE delivery, & $22.50!
Did I quickly place an order? Hell NO!

Now, I'm here to tell ya,,,, NEVER EVER BUY the first item that pops up! Take some time to SEARCH OUT 4 or 5 of those pop-up items, & ALWAYS scroll down to the bottom of each page,,,,, there will be the same exact item listed for 1/3rd the price!

Here, AT LAST, the RANT;
WHY the hell, does the repairman want $125, when 'I' found the EXACT PART,, THE WHOLE 5 breaker KIT FOR $12.50!? (& It's sitting in an Arizona warehouse, NOT in China,, just 4 days away)

WHY, does so many of those USA PARTS STORES sell the same exact part, (all of them were MADE IN CHINA), & WANT TO MAKE A 300% PROFIT!? ISN'T 30%- 40% ENOUGH?

WHY, IS THIS 'THE AMERICAN WAY'!?
(back to those American Engineers,,,,,, those massively intelligent engineers who CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE THE EXACT ITEM, IN THE USA. ?????)

I just shake my head thinking about all of those poor old retired citizens who are CONSTANTLY getting HOSED by a repair company,,, or PARTS WAREHOUSE.

The PARTS KIT, that I'm ordering,, HAS BEEN SOLD 3,000 TIMES!!! omg,,,,

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
LOL

101 - 120 of 131 Posts