close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pet hedgehog

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by leftfordead88, Jan 2, 2009.

1. leftfordead88

leftfordead88 XXX

0   0   0

i have an 11 month old female african pigmy hedgehog for sale, big cage and all accessories included, i bought her for my daughter but me and the girlfriend decided we would rather have something more cuddly like a puppy. so we need to get rid of pokey bruester first. she feeds on a main diet of catfood, and cottage cheese and meal worms for a special treat. if you are looking for a great pet and something cool and exotic, this is the pet for you, they make fantastic companions and are fun to play with, they just need lots of love and attention. $130 for everything. pickup only. also open for any reasonable trade

2. leftfordead88

leftfordead88 XXX

0   0   0

she could use a new loving home.. anyone??

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

0   0   0

so, im curious- how exactly do you pet a hedgehog? :) :p

4. Salmonid

Salmonid

0   0   0

Sorry man, I tried to run this through the wife, she teaches a "animal care " program and they already have a spiny hedgehog. She will ask around to her students.
    Good luck!
    I might mention a ton of cool exotics are sold through the local Dayton CraigsList, might try that route ( free)
    Salmonid

5. ostbucks98

ostbucks98

0   0   0

stroke from the head towards the rump.Their quilles lay flat when relaxed and not in a defensive posture.Even if you get pricked Ive never had them break the skin.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

I read up on these last night. I'd love to get one for the kids, but holiday bills are rolling in! Why oh why do we do this every year. lol

I do ahve a question though, while reading up on the care of these it mentioned to make sure the Hedgehog was pet and played with from the time it was a baby. Is this the case? The only thing that made me scratch my head was something about making sure you finger was not under their belly when they curled up into a ball because it hurts if your finger gets caught. Any insight into this?

7. leftfordead88

leftfordead88 XXX

0   0   0

yeah hedgehogs need lots of tlc. i make sure to play with her a few times a week ever since she was real young, the more you play with them the more used to people and quicker they get relaxed, as far them curling around your fingers, ive never actually had her do that but i had a friend who would have his "hook" around his hand like that , but he would do it on purpose, he never acted like it hurt but i never do it personally. and yeah i might also try craigslist, thanks

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

0   0   0

Could you post some pics for us? If... and I'm just saying "IF" the wife and/or daughter would see some pics, it could ("could") help. ;)

9. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

0   0   0

sorry jeff, already tried to run it by the girlfriend as well, she wasn't havin it! i would love it personally

10. leftfordead88

leftfordead88 XXX

0   0   0

here are some pictures from her bath this morning and of her cage, i also forgot to add that she is blind in her right eye, but don't get discouraged because it causes her no discomfort, and they rely mainly on a sense of smell anyways, the vet told me its nothing to worry about and wont affect her daily routine
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

0   0   0

please keep comments related to sale inquiries.

12. amby1505

amby1505

0   0   0

I am looking for a hedgehog. Are you still selling yours?

13. amby1505

amby1505

0   0   0

are you still selling your hedgehog?