close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

personal best smallie!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Red The Fisherman, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

First let me state that I have had little to no time to fish this year. A new baby will do that. Friday I decided to stop by one of my spots on the LMR, just to get a line wet. I had very little time and did not even get to move up and down stream, so needless to say my hopes were not too high. Boy would I be proved wrong. I fished a rooster tail for maybe 10 min. and was getting nothing, so I switched to my favorite magic grub. 1st cast, Bam, It was on, a big hit and it runs and runs hard. At first I'm thinking, what the he*% is this. Then it jumps out of the water, wow a pretty nice smallie. I'm as happy as a tornado in a trailer park, then I get him to shore and this is when I start shaking(not kidding) A monster smallmouth, I measure it, 19.5 inches on the nose and a fatty at that. I have been reading all these posts about big smallies in the river, thinking I wish it was me. Friday it was! I'm not into bragging about my fish, but this was one the highlights of my year.

2. Great going!! I would be bragging!;) That is a heck of a smallie. can't imagine how good a fight that put on. We fished a river Monday and gt some 15-16" ones and had a blast so i know that one will be a ight to remember! Good job and congrats on the baby as well!!

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

i'd brag to nice smallie. Any pics?

4. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

no pics, cameras tend to bring me bad luck. What a day, actually I was only on the river for about 1/2 hour. The fish gods were smiling upon me I guess!