close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Personal Best 6.5# Large Mouth

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by williambauman, May 26, 2007.

1. Gained access to a pond today. Was told it was loaded with bluegill and i figured i would stock up on bait:p So first cast with a rooster tail on 6lb test and BLAM the big bass hit but spit out my lure. I got a good look at the big beast, so i grabbed my 12lb trilene big game:B tossed a spinner for a while got a decent sized LM. I rigged a YUM 4" tube watermelon in color started flipping it around got the big guy to follow it and then.....BLAM. That was an awsome thing to be able to watch him take it. I am a shore bound fisherman so I don't get to catch many bass man that was fun. by the way I released him to get bigger.:) The first pic is the decent sized bass the second is the big guy. Wish someone would have been there to get me holding the fish. Maybe next time.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

That first pic is a crappie duded...lol BUt a REALLY nice one though!

3. Sorry. A crappie huh. What do I know. I knew it wasn't a catfish lol. Only been fishing a couple of years. This year is the most I have ever fished during the day and I have been catching all kinds of first timers. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Now I know

4. Yeah, if you don't mind to filet some fish catch some more of those crappies. GOOD stuff. Good fishing. Glad to see you caught a good sized bass.

Jake

5. I could see you calling that a LM bass, that's a big crappie!
    Don't tell anyone but me where your pond is, fillet is right! ;)
    LMJ

6. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Congrats on the nice bass!

7. That would be a PB for crappie too then.:p :D :B