close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Perdy darn funny!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 2talltim, May 15, 2005.

1. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

( if this was you i appologize ahead of time )I was out on knox today seen something that made me chuckle....there was a older tri-haul fiberglass boat id say it was a early to mid 70's model maybe 15-17 ft....need less to say a very heavy boat on top of that it had i think 4 people in it so it was loaded down too.....thats not the funny part....we are sittin there fishin i heard a motor starting and goin full power......i exspected to turn about and see someone haulin but but when i looked there was this boat with a little tiny tiller stear motor on it just buzzin away going NOWHERE FAST maybe half of walkin speed...i could help but to laugh out loud...when we got back to ramp i noticed the motor on it...A 3 HP short shaft....man what were they thinkin :p :C

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey that was me! Ok, it wasn't, but that is funny as heck. I have seen similar things and could not help but laugh!

3. For sale

3 HP short shaft motor
    Runs okay but would move a boat and thus serves me no purpose.:D

Okay, no it was not me but I can only imagine that is what the guy may be thinking now. If his boat was a deep transom then I can sympathize with the guy because it is not an easy task to find a long shaft 9.9HP. I know because I am still looking for myself.:rolleyes: That is I am looking for a way to not spend over a grand for one. I had a 9.9 short shaft that I stuck on the back of my boat to get on the restricted lakes a few times but it was really a pain because I could never get much more than idle speed from it before I starting sucking air. But I imagine the guy was chomping at the bit ti fish and desparate times call for desparate measures.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. Hey bkr, if your looking for a long shaft 9.9 motor, I have one. Its a 2000 Mercury 2 stroke. I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, its a pretty new motor so I couldn't let it go for less than 1000. I just have no use for it anymore because I got a new motor for my boat.

5. Hey thanks for the offer but I do own a 6HP right now and for the few times that I get on the restricted lakes it is doing the job. However, I keep thinking that someday I am going to sell both the 6HP and my 18HP and go with a good 9.9. When that day comes I will be hollering for help here on OGF and then may take you up on your offer.;)