Perchin the mouth of Detroit River

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Bucket Mouth, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Gentlemen-

I am headed to the Celeron Island area at the mouth of the Detroit River/Lake Erie convergance area.

Anybody been out that way and doing any good? I will be out Sat. 11/03. I am hoping that we can slay some perch, grab our tickets, and then get into some 4+ lb. smallies that I have heard have invaded the area. Schools of em.

Tips/suggestions/reports?

Thanks in advance.

2. It was kinda slow. We caught 45 perch between 2 of us from 10a-2p. The day started off well, getting into em right off the bat.

After we had 10 or 12 perch in the basket, I disengaged the hardware that clipped it to the side of the boat, and the basket went to the bottom of the lake. :mad: We tried snagging into it, but to no avail. My buddy was cool about it even though I felt like an arse. I've never been on his boat before and he told me that it was no big deal because he forgot to tell me how sensitive the clip mechanism was.

About that time, the wind switched from the west to the south, and the bite went cold. There were about 15 boats anchored up where we were, and only one was killin em.

The bite was off for about 2 hours and the was intermittent at best after that. We came home with a total of 18 keepers. Those fish in the basket woulda come in handy...