Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been perching lately? Im off this week and would love to get some perch to go with all the walleye I have got in the past 2 weeks. Looking to go anywhere I have to get them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Wife & I fished off Wildwood Friday. Caught about 50 but only kept 28. Was sitting on a good school but lots of small ones.

·
gotta love bass thumb
480 Posts
i havent been out there myself but i have heard that east of the cedar pt. breakwall has been hot lately. went out last sat. out in front of lakeside and caught only five yellows, but picked up 8 real nice bluegill. couldnt venture over to the breakwall in my 17 footer from mazurik, just didnt have the time. pretty cool though fishing 24 ft. of water and catching gills.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We went out last tuesday and caught 54 in 30 FOW out of Ashtabula

·
Registered
193 Posts
been out a few times out of conneaut and done real well where musky has stated most of the time been comming in with the limits

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Muskie is there a bait shop at the launch? I have been to the launch on the end of rt 11, but they werent open last time I was there. Where do you get your minnows? And are you using emeralds or golden shiners? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
A friend got a limit 3 days in a row last week off of Edgewater.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We were using emeralds and ya theirs a bait shop at the launch! u head west and I couldnt tell u where exactly we were cuz im not that famil. with ashtabula all I know is we only had 4 in the boat until we pulled up to this spot and we just started killing them and the little kid that was with us wanted to go home. [I was p.oed] water was really calm and it was hot out we launched at 7:30 and came in at 3 we didnt pull up to the spot until 1:30 so ya

·
Registered
104 Posts
Went out of Conneaut NW about 5 miles last night after work started fishing at 5pm had our three man limit by 8pm. All nice fish 9.5-12 inches with only maybe 20 throwbacks and had lots of doubles. The lake was great nice and flat and there was only a handful of boats fishing. We fished out deeper than most of the boats. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts