Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a few buddies from work Wednesday morning to finally try to find some perch. Freezer is full of walleye and wifey said I better get a move on before perch season if over. We will be on 79 if anyone wants to work together. We will probably be on the water by 7 and either start at Sawmill or the cans.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I will probably be out Wednesday as well but not that early, last two times out there the bite wouldn't start till 9 or 10. I plan on starting around the cans, I'll keep 79 on (22 ft hydrasport CC).

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll be out of Huron tomorrow morning looking for Perch. Will also be on 79 if anyone wants to check in. Leaving about 8:00 to 8:30.
Iron Oar

·
Registered
927 Posts
I talked to a guy at the ramp this afternoon that said the old red roof, now copper roof house by the water tower north of Point retreat condos was very good for him. A lot of 10-12" perch. I think he said 24 fow.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be careful if heading to red roof house off Cedar Point. Fish nets are all over close to shore. Good sign perch are moving in!

·
Registered
227 Posts
How did every one do today, we only had 13 keepers. Got a late start. North of the cans in the pack was a bust for us. Moved to point retreat area and took 12 nice ones but then the wind changed to NE and started blowing hard so we packed it in wife was getting sick. Tomorrow looks like it's gonna be blowing again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was out there by myself, started in 25 fow due north of lighthouse, slow pick at em but good size and no junk. Seemed to shut off so I moved to the pack north of me which ended up a bust, tried one other spot in tight off the beach and got a couple. Ended with 20.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
693 Posts
the perch nets are there all year long from cedar point to sawmill, every year just different spots, sometimes 1 net or a whole bunch not sure what they are getting.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We ended up with 16 yellows, 6 cats, 10 sheeps, 1 lost walleye with no net ready, and about 100 white perch. Fished Sawmill, point retreat and 3 miles west of there, and south side of the dump from 20-40 fow. Fish were good size. Sounds like from the radio traffic it was slow from the islands to Vermilion. Still better than working. We will be back at it early Saturday with 3 kids so should be exciting either way.

·
Registered
430 Posts
There should be no quota on white perch, they are a foreign invader and decimate the biomass especially the walleyes fry and fingerling. With no controls on the white perch we will soon have a dead lake as the smelt made it after the blue pike went extinct in a couple years. All reproduction ceased after the uncontrolled smelt decimated the blue pike reproduction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts