Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last 2 days the catawba lake cam has shown a bunch of boats clustered...14 yesterday and 6 this morning...are they perch fishing this early.

·
Registered
98 Posts
West of the launch. Besse off to the due West.

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,004 Posts
YEs I haven't fished there but driving through a few times last weekend, it appeared there were pockets of perch occasionally.
Rickerd

·
Registered
37 Posts
what do the perch look like on the sonar? smaller suspended marks? on the bottom only?
when i used to perch alot in my old boat it was just a matter of finding the pack and that boat didnt have a fish finder. So, i dont think i ve seen perch on a sonar or at leat i didn t know it

·
Registered
797 Posts
Most perch readings on a sonar will appear as a solid grouping on or very close to the bottom. On the edge of these thick schools you will see separated individual marks, also perch suspended in the water column will appear as individual fish. Most of those haystack looking schools are really smelt, also those those small tight suspended schools are either emeralds or shad. It’s been awhile since I have seen much for perch schools while fishing.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
If you search “perch sonar” and look for the thread “need good screenshot” you will find a host of perch screen shots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts