Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father in law is coming to town,thought i would try to put him on some perch.I been so stuck on the walleye,i havent had time to do any perchin.Any help would be appreciated.FISH ON :D :D

·
Premium Member
10,882 Posts
Bassin420,

I'm sure that the perch in Lorain are doing well, they have been for some time. I fished perch Saturday out of Vermilion for a while and caught bunches, but a lot were smaller perch.

I suggest you call Dave's Bait, He is up there everyday, and has been providing us with fishing reports for that area of the lake. He is listed in our Bait and tackle place forum.

good luck,
Kim

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
They are going strong. Start looking right around the steel wall, the last 1/3 of it, both sides. If you don't mark any perch then head out and start looking around 35fow and deeper. Don't be fooled by the first pack boats if you don't mark any fish. A lot of those boats fish the same place each day whether they are catching fish or not. There will be no doubt when you see the perch on the locator as they are running a good size out there. Make sure that one of your hooks has the minnow laying on the bottom. Good luck and let us know how you did.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so that bait guy sits in the parking lot with the bait like 72nd in cleveland,and is he at the launch by the pier.I went up there the other day to scout and fish the pier and the rocks in lorraine last sat nite.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Never saw a bait truck at Loraine because Hotwaters Bait is right there but..... He was not open the last time I was there, about two weeks ago. Emerald Shiners are $1.89 plus tax a dozen!!!!! :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts