Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out of Huron Saturday for perch. Wind kicked up early and changed original plan. Ended up fishing 4.5 miles north- northwest of river mouth. Had a mixed bag of yellows, white perch, white bass and a couple of stray sheep to start. Then around noon the yellows started fairly steady but left just a few short of limit to see Buckeyes game on TV. Size was 8-9 inch.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was 40 feet. Saw a really nice walleye pulled by a passing troller. The net man tried to knock it off but was unsuccessful.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Same place on Friday, about a mile or so NW of the dump in 41.5' of water. Some trash, but not bad. Fast action to our 60 fish.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We fished same area sat pulled are 90 lot of junk are there any fish cleaners in huron the guy on the river quit. Morgan.....:b

·
Registered
232 Posts
Don't know anything about this, but found an add on Craig's List advertising fish cleaning in Huron, five minutes from the state ramp. $1.00/lb. Phone #=419-602-4565.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had the guy from Craigslist (Scott) do some walleye earlier this year when I was pressed for time and did an excellent job. Seems to be a stand up guy.

·
Registered
664 Posts
August 9th my mother was diagnosed with cancer. We buried her Saturday. Needless to say August was a month without fishing, but I wouldn't trade all fish in the world for the last precious days I spent with Mom.

Today though , I was more than ready for a change of pace, to get away from things, and to get on the lake. After calling about 8 of my buddies looking for a partner, and striking out, I didn't want to take my boat out alone, so decided to try Fisherman Wharf Head Boat out of Huron. (Would have done about anything to get on lake). Nice day on the lake, but really really slow perching. I kept only 9 and most on the boat were in the 4-5 keepers range I think, some even less. We moved all over but they couldn't get them going. Bet we didn't have 75 keepers for 15 people! On the plus side, my one 12 1/4 inch jumbo covered the boat big fish pool, so got my ticket paid for! And, I got to clear my head a bit. So it was still a good day.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have read your many posts and appreciate your efforts. I am sorry for your loss. There are better days on the horizon...I hope... for the fishing. We are definitely in a lull in this area. I am sure the perch will be feeding soon as the lake temp cools and the winds give us a break. Take care, be safe and good luck out there!

RS

·
Registered
22 Posts
I fished this same area today in 39 fow. Got a limit in about four hours. They were all good size. Prolly 1:1 junk fish. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts