Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yellow Perch Daily Limit Reduced to 10 from Huron to Fairport Harbor

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A declining population of Lake Erie yellow perch in the central basin has prompted a reduction in the daily limit to 10 from Huron to Fairport Harbor beginning Saturday, May 1, 2021, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.

That's from an ODNR press release. If they don't reduce the quotas for commercial fishermen as well, we should all be letting our state representatives know about it. The state really needs to buy them out.

·
Registered
532 Posts
"STOP," the commerical netters and we will have perch. If all anglers stop buying fishing license and protest in Columbus, you see how fast they will get off there butts and do something. I haven't caught a perch in 3 years, while trolling in Fairport.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Having been an Ohio resident and buying a Pennsylvania fishing license for the last 30 years I believe we pay for a “Lake Erie stamp” to pay off the commercial netters. Definitely would do the same for Ohio. Someone can correct me if I am wrong about this.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
PA resident here, the Erie stamp funds public access, more for the land based angler, , very few benefits to boaters, originally years ago, it was used to buy out the few commercial permits, now PA sitcks it up your backside to make the steelhead fisherman happy on the streams

·
Registered
173 Posts
Perch numbers on the east end are good. Fished yesterday 2 of us filled a 5 gallon bucket. Fishing was a little slow but not bad. Perch were filled with mostly Gobies.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I've read a few reports of guys on the east end (NY waters) pulling limits of perch.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm with you on writing a letter. finally someone in the powers to be publicly stating numbers are down and reducing the limit. I always thought that if the sport fishing quota changed then the netters qouta would also change.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PA resident here, the Erie stamp funds public access, more for the land based angler, , very few benefits to boaters, originally years ago, it was used to buy out the few commercial permits, now PA sitcks it up your backside to make the steelhead fisherman happy on the streams
I agree. Not much for us boaters. Give me a call sometime

·
Administrator
9,442 Posts
Kindly keep political comments to yourselves.
Thank you.

Reactions: ress
1 - 20 of 153 Posts