close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Perch Heaven

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by c. j. stone, May 22, 2007.

1. I heard the tail-end of a commercial on local radio in Portage Cty about some pay fishing place, I think they called "Perch Heaven". I wasn't paying much attention but I think they said it's on St. Rt. 44-or maybe 45,46? I wouldn't pay a nickle to fish for trout(though I have in the past), but if reasonable, I'd definitely try pay perching just for the tablefare! Anyone ever hear of this place, where's it at? try it? and if so, is it worth it?

2. I drive by there everyday on my way to work and wonder the same things. Perch Heaven is located just off of State Route 14 on Industry Road. There's a big sign along the road side. From the road, the pond looks rather small. I saw a flyer for the place and the cost is $5.00 to fish and $5.00 per pound for every fish that you keep. That seems quite steep to me. The proceeds are supposed to benefit some type of mission relief though. I wonder if the price per pound is on the fillet or if they take the weight on the whole fish. I also wonder if they sell bait there or not. They advertise that "You Will Catch Fish". I also wonder if there are any other types of fish worth catching in there. Do you guys think that this is totally legal? Do you think these fish are caught on Erie and transplanted or do you think that they are farm raised? I guess I should stop by and get some more information from them, sometime soon.......TightLines!

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

How far south of SR 14 on Industry is this place? I drive up Industry all the time to go to West Branch and don't remember seeing any signs.
    Is it north of Camp Rd?

4. personally I just don't get into the pay lakes. I like more of a challenge and feel its more rewarding to catch a fish in a real lake. I don't care for the idea of having to have to pay for the fish I catch.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I don't either Jason. I'm too cheap (and proud of it!). I just wanted to know approximately where since I never noticed it before driving to WB.
    But they aren't looking for rewarding fishing. They are looking for a plate of fried perch.

6. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

They probably fatten them up using some imported fish feed from China. UGH !i

7. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

They gotta be hatchery raised. It's illegal to take fish from another lake.
    Probably too expensive too.
    It might be an interesting place to ice fish though.....

8. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

It might be good for kids though. Having 5 kids, taking them to Lake Erie and no difficulties is for the most part, unheard of. This might not be bad if the price is right. Will watch this as it unfolds.

9. snag

snag

i had the info from our paper so i gave them a call tonite,it,s on industry rd off rt 14 just past arnies stk house ther,s a sign in front sounded like one pond to fish said he had three ponds,it,s five bucks to fish i forgot to ask about how many your allowed to keep he said ther all sizes the biggest this months contest is ten inches,ten dollar entry per month with 50$1st prize,you can use any type bait you want ,call him for his hrs so he,ll be home-330-297-5108 not sure if i,ll ever go ,we,ll see........

10. Hey Snake!
    Having 5 kids, have you ever taken them to Turtle Pond? It's free and they get to keep 1 fish each. I believe it is only open on the weekends. My daughter caught a big channel cat from there. Everyone was in awe. They can just keep on fishing until they catch something they want to keep. They also supply the bait and some info from the ODW. I don't know the ages of you kids, but it's for kids under 16. Sorry, you can't fish!

11. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I went up Industry Rd. to West Branch last night and saw the sign out front. Looks like some guy with ponds on his property decided to try to make some money on the fish that has been growing in his ponds.
    It's about 1.3 miles south on SR 14 on the east side of the road.

Nice house too by the way.

12. Little turtle pond is open dawn to dusk daily. 1 line per child limit, kids 15 and under only.

They just had a trout derby there 2 weeks ago for which they stocked 1,100 trout in a 3 acre pond. They were still hitting as of last week and all over 12" long. If they want to catch bluegill and stuff there are tons of htem right at their feet on the docks.

I have 3 kids and they love going there, they can always catch "something" and thats really what its about with the kids. They don't care how big it is, they just want to reel it in and see it.

13. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

I spoke with the owner last year when I was looking to purchase a large quantity of perch to stock in a local pond.The guy is a retired biology professor from Ohio State.He raises the fish by extracting the eggs from the females and using the milk from the males to fertilize.They're raised in long tanks in his barn then stocked into the ponds when mature.You will not be impressed if you take the time to go there.The ponds are no more than 40-50 foot in diameter.